• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VeriTread.com - Estimates & Transport

VeriTread

Greetings, I wanted to introduce myself and provide a resource that may be helpful for the members of this website. VeriTread - http://www.veritread.com is a platform designed to give instant & accurate freight quotes, as well as a way to solicit free transport quotes from a completely vetted network of the industry's best service providers.

We are industry specific - we won't be able to help you move your couch or piano. Our primary focus is construction & ag machinery, trucks, trailers, and auto. We certainly have the ability to provide quotes on LTL freight, we just ask that it is related to the aforementioned industries.

One of the primary reasons I wanted to explain who we are is because of the recent GovPlanet launch. Earlier this year, VeriTread became the preferred method of arranging transport on IronPlanet.com. If anyone purchases an item from GovPlanet.com, you will have two options at checkout pertaining to transport. You can either arrange transport on your own, or you can choose to have your item listed on VeriTread to receive quotes from the service providers in our network.

If you decide to solicit bids through VeriTread, the process is very simple. You will be prompted to indicate your desired drop-off location, and your item will be posted to our marketplace automatically. Part of GovPlanet's inspection process going forward will be gathering the relevant transport specs, and our team is also in the process of pre-populating makes and models and transport specs into our database. After your item has been posted to our marketplace, you will be notified via email when you receive a transport quote.

You will be able to review the profiles of the service providers - we tell you what type of service provider they are (asset-based trucking company vs freight broker), what insurance information they carry, and user-based feedback. You are also able to ask the service providers questions to help you make your decision.

We also give you the ability to by-pass selecting any of the quotes and instead, electing to award your freight to a service provider of your choice using our Direct Dispatch option. Regardless of whether you select a quote from one of our service providers, or one of your own, your work order and GovPlanet release will be emailed directly to the service provider you choose to transport your item.

To be clear, this is not just a resource for GovPlanet purchases - anyone needing help with transport is free to post your item to VeriTread. It's absolutely free to solicit quotes, and you are never under any obligation whatsoever to select any of the quotes you receive.

How Does VeriTread Make It's Money?

VeriTread takes a "pay-per-load" fee based on the transport quote you select. Our fees are considerably less than similar services, and we take great pride in our network of service providers.

Who makes up VeriTread's service provider network?

The service providers in our network are among the best in the industry. Because of our focused approach, we only allow transport companies that are experienced in moving a specific style of freight. When we first launched VeriTread, we approached a number of the largest heavy equipment distributors in the US with a version of our product that helps manage and organize their freight & logistics operations. When a distributor signs up to use that version of our product, they require all of the companies that haul their equipment to register on our site. So for example, when we sign up a John Deere distributor with 10 branches in Michigan, we also sign up the 30 companies that haul their equipment. Trucking companies and freight brokers that haul factory freight for John Deere, CAT, Komatsu, etc all have the necessary insurance, experience, and equipment required to ensure a positive experience. The integrity of our network is second to none, and that network stretches across the entire country, as well as Canada and Mexico. If you need to have something shipped overseas, we also have a number of the very best international freight forwarders to help you with your shipment.

How are you any different from "the other guys"?

Similar services like ours do exist, and I've already seen one mentioned prominently in the threads of this forum. I'm not here to smear the competition. What I will tell you is that our product was not built by a tech company in silicon valley. The president of our company, Jeff Cox, worked for Lockheed Martin for ten years developing software. His family had a long legacy in the construction equipment industry - founding the first Komatsu dealership in the state of Florida. When Jeff began conceptualizing the idea for VeriTread, he took a path not a lot of people would take. He left his job at Lockheed and went out and bought a fleet of Peterbilt trucks and trailers and started moving heavy equipment around the state, and eventually across the Southeastern United States. It wasn't Jeff's intention to build a massive trucking company - instead, he was learning what it takes to move heavy-haul style freight. All of the knowledge it takes, all of the lessons-learned - everything was done so he could understand the challenges of moving freight and taking that knowledge and data and building a technology around it.

Our software tells you what permits are needed, when it makes sense to consider disassembly, when loading docks become relevant - we even tell you the trailer types that are required to move your equipment.

All of the technology, combined with the integrity and quality of our network is what we feel puts VeriTread in a different category than some of the other services. And on top of that, our fees are considerably less. Our number one goal is for our customers to have a positive experience, and also to give you the information to make the best transport decision possible.

Contact Information

I realize standard protocol on a message board community is typically anonymity, but I want anyone on this forum to have the ability to contact myself with any questions you may have. Again, it's not my intention to pollute your board with solicitations for business - merely just wanting to explain VeriTread to you and offer any assistance to help. Thank you for your time!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To be honest I glossed over it because I thought it was a tire retread thread.

:)

ke5eua

I am a transported on veritread. I like their verification process much better than uship. I had to upload a copy of my certificate of insurance, copy of authority and I got a phone call from them to verify information before they activated my carrier account.

Forgot to add, they are directly related to ironplanet so that's a nice thing. One username/password for all 3 sites.

VeriTread

Thank you!

I am a transported on veritread. I like their verification process much better than uship. I had to upload a copy of my certificate of insurance, copy of authority and I got a phone call from them to verify information before they activated my carrier account.

Forgot to add, they are directly related to ironplanet so that's a nice thing. One username/password for all 3 sites.
Thanks so much, ke5eua! We hope you have enjoyed our service. If there is anything we can help you with in the future, please feel free to reach out to us.

ke5eua

Thanks so much, ke5eua! We hope you have enjoyed our service. If there is anything we can help you with in the future, please feel free to reach out to us.
So far you're already +1 above uship. I had a pleasant conversation with them a couple months ago and realized that they are more about getting their money then ensuring compliance.

VeriTread

jcappeljr, we sure appreciate your feedback. VeriTread is very different from other platforms in that we carefully vet any service provider that wants to join our network. A smaller, quality network ensures a premium experience for our customers. We still have a large enough network to provide competitive quotes, but we'll never sacrifice safety and service just to be the cheapest solution. It would be very easy for us to allow cutthroat transport companies onto our platform, but in the end, we would lose the trust & confidence of the customers we're trying to develop a relationship with - it's not who we are or who we want to be.

I hope this helps, and I hope you'll consider VeriTread again in the future. Thank you!

JMIL

I've posted a load with you right now from a recent purchase with GovPlanet. I've gotten 5 quotes so far. I plan on choosing one tomorrow.

HASSON1911

I got my hemtt on auction right now for a load, i believe ill be going with the $2.92 they got all pos reviews and over 150 loads

silver brokers are around $2.00-$2.15

gold brokers are around $2.50-$2.92

distance is 1276mi
Bid is $3138

503m715

I used your service (cough/ugh) to have my wrecker transported from Barstow to Oregon. That is the only time I will make that mistake. Better off using uship. That is where the driver that hauled my load found the load listed. (not by me) He had never worked for them before. They did not provide bill of lading or schedule the pickup. I received a call from Govplanet employee at site when driver tried to pick my wrecker up. I had to call and send an item release form so guy could pick it up. I got lucky, the driver was great and honest. I will use him again, but never waist money on veritread again. Veritread is nothing but a transportation broker. I had to pay their fee to find that out. The only choice they provided was what turned out to be another worthless broker. So what should have cost 2400 to ship cost me 3600$

VeriTread

VeriTread: Working hard for you

I’d like to take the opportunity to provide this forum with some updated information.

VeriTread has made the decision to become a paid vendor on Steel Soldiers. We care about our customers and want to make sure that everyone who chooses VeriTread has the best experience possible.

First, thank you to those who have given us the opportunity to earn your trust and your business by using our service. For anyone that used VeriTread and had an experience that did not meet your standards or expectations, I am sincerely sorry and you are welcome to contact me directly so that we can make things right.

I want the membership to know that it is not our intention to monopolize your community’s transport business. Many of you can and currently do offer transport solutions to fellow members. That should be the first option considered because it’s members supporting each other, and you have a transparent forum to post and discuss those needs. For the members that do provide transport services – we would be very fortunate to add you to our network as well. We typically charge $29.99 a month for carriers to become registered on VeriTread. If you own or are employed by a legal, insured, authorized for hire carrier – PM me and we will be happy to extend a free service provider membership on VeriTread to any Steel Soldier member. This will allow you to quote any military equipment that is posted on VeriTread.

A few things worth mentioning: Like many of you have experienced, the transportation of military equipment has been an on-going educational process. Some bases demand 48 hour notice for scheduling, some sites offer load out assistance – some do not, etc. etc. These are things we have learned and continue to discover.

As shipping customers you want the best price possible – every dollar matters. But if you want more carriers to quote your freight, and less brokers – those carriers need to be able to account for limited pickup access. They need to be able to account for changes that occur at the last minute. A carrier that thought they could load on a Monday, instead having to wait until Tuesday, can result in everything from additional detention fees to canceling a load.

Brokers are sometimes better equipped to address issues like that because they can find a different carrier for you. You end up paying a little more for that, but depending on the situation, it can be worth it.

I’m certainly not stating a case as to why it’s better to use carriers or brokers. More than anything, I’m just offering some information and clarity to members who want additional insight on the transport process.

Going forward, I’m going to have a few designated inside salesmen at VeriTread at your disposal. They will be introducing themselves in this thread – please contact us by email and we will do everything we can to help you.

Secondly – we’ve created a custom landing page for your community to manually post any shipments you need to VeriTread. http://www.veritread.com//widgets/quickpost/partner/SteelSoldiers
Board mods – feel free to post/pin this hyperlink where you feel it would be best suited. And again – for any members that would like to sign up as a carrier on VeriTread – PM or email me and we’ll walk you through that process.

Thank you all for your time and support – we care about this relationship and will work hard to improve every day!

VeriTread

Ive gotten 2 quotes one for a m105 trailer and one for a m923 similar mileage similar price. One weighs 2600 pounds one weighs 23k. I guess it averages out.
If you would like to email me, I would be happy to look into your listings to make sure information has been entered correctly. Both are likely being quoted as partials, but no question the trailer SHOULD be significantly less. However, if no loading assistance is available, you do need to account for loading charges for the trailer. I'll be able to help out if you send me the load ID's on VeriTread.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian, thank you for bringing your services onto this forum. At this time I do not have a need for your service, but in the future, when I do, I'll be sure to utilize your "widget"!

Question: In your opinion, what is the impact of having a strict load out date on the price per mile?

In my mind, the policies and procedures at GP and at the bases make for tough scheduling. Therefore, loading out would seem to be the biggest constraint on logistics, at least for us hobbyists. I'm curious about whether it's possible to lower the $2-3 per mile rate if the pick up date had a wider, more flexible window, say a calendar month.

It might help some of us to know your opinion on this, so that we could consider bidding on vehicles more distant, and then utilize the services of another member to get said equipment off base. Said assisting member could store the vehicle while the purchaser seeks bids using your services for the OTR hauling.

Rick

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have been asked to arrange or arranged shipping for at least half dozen members that were left hanging by Veritread at the last minute, told "OOPS", cannot find a truck (this was from a VERY busy area with a lot of trucks coming in and looking for loads out), or told "SORRY" truck was needed to pickup another load, or the best one yet, NOTHING, truck just does not show up, not a word of warning, just no show, nothing, ect., ect. each time it is at the very last minute of time before storage charges. I can go on but what is the point, when a broker tells the shipper everything is cool for the pickup then no pickup SOMETHING is WRONG, now this is JUST ME but I wonder that since GP owns Veritread and that GP is trying to SQUEEZE every CENT out of there military truck sales though GOV, PLANET, just maybe this may be a way to get some extra storage fees , the reason I say this is if I a non-broker can get a truck for a load somewhere going to somewhere within the 6 day time frame, and on a emergency bases, a truck for next day pick up, you are going to tell me a professional commercial trucking broker CAN NOT, now that is a BUNCH of CRAP.

If you guys are happy with VT, fine, I will not ever recommend VT to anybody that asks me what I think about VT for a hauler.

Just my two cents on the VT subject, I can only comment on what I know.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I have been asked to arrange or arranged shipping for at least half dozen members that were left hanging by Veritread at the last minute, told "OOPS", cannot find a truck (this was from a VERY busy area with a lot of trucks coming in and looking for loads out), or told "SORRY" truck was needed to pickup another load, or the best one yet, NOTHING, truck just does not show up, not a word of warning, just no show, nothing, ect., ect. each time it is at the very last minute of time before storage charges. I can go on but what is the point, when a broker tells the shipper everything is cool for the pickup then no pickup SOMETHING is WRONG, now this is JUST ME but I wonder that since GP owns Veritread and that GP is trying to SQUEEZE every CENT out of there military truck sales though GOV, PLANET, just maybe this may be a way to get some extra storage fees , the reason I say this is if I a non-broker can get a truck for a load somewhere going to somewhere within the 6 day time frame, and on a emergency bases, a truck for next day pick up, you are going to tell me a professional commercial trucking broker CAN NOT, now that is a BUNCH of CRAP.

If you guys are happy with VT, fine, I will not ever recommend VT to anybody that asks me what I think about VT for a hauler.

Just my two cents on the VT subject, I can only comment on what I know.
To be clear GP does not own Veritread, and on top of that... Not once has someone reached out to me and asked for a break on the storage fees have I NOT waived them.

Last edited:

drivebymashing

If you would like to email me, I would be happy to look into your listings to make sure information has been entered correctly. Both are likely being quoted as partials, but no question the trailer SHOULD be significantly less. However, if no loading assistance is available, you do need to account for loading charges for the trailer. I'll be able to help out if you send me the load ID's on VeriTread.
These were a few months ago. I ended up just picking up the trailer saving over 700 dollars in one day. The truck I got outbid on.I was just checking to see about what it would cost. Thanks though.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Sorry, that is what I was lead to believe, I am now corrected, THANK YOU for bringing this to my attention.
No worries that's why I am here. We partner with Veritread to offer transportation solutions to our customers and we use them for our own transportation needs as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks