• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New jack here....Howdy

OC455

Good morning SS. New guy on the forum.

Looking to get my hand on a deuce shortly. Hoping to learn a few things here.

Thanks![thumbzup]
Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and there are certainly things to learn. Check out all the stickies in the deuce forum and go to the TM forum and dowload the Operators TM. Lots of great info there too. TM 9-2320-361-10

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your only an hour or so away, come on up and look one over if you want.

Take one for a drive too.

If you want a hands on experiance.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your only an hour or so away, come on up and look one over if you want.

Take one for a drive too.

If you want a hands on experiance.
I'm warning you, taking one for a drive is highly addictive. That is all it took for me and I was done for. I bought one soon after. Doghead is a great guy and will help you out in any way he can. He was the first SS guy I met along with the late great D8Dave. Doghead will take good care of you and answer any questions you have but I highly suggest reading though the "-10" manual. If you have any general questions about these trucks, they will be covered here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upload/M35/TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf . Doghead is a stickler with reading the TMs, which is rightfully so. Before I bought my truck, I had to wait all winter to pick it up, so all I had to get my "green iron addiction fix" was the manuals and the site here. If I went hunting in the manuals for an answer to my question, I learned a lot more about other things in addition to answering my question. So they are definitely good to flip though to get your familiarity with these machines. A lot of is it straight forward if you have a good mechanical ability, but some other times, it is nice to have the manual if you have any doubt about how something works.... or does not. haha! Welcome to the club, you are in good hands here.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sent you a PM with my number and location.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Doghead is a great guy to learn from and will go out of his way to help you out.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just got back after a nice ride and good cup of coffee.

If you haven't done it lately, go take a ride(passenger side) in your truck with someone and have a good conversation.

That is what I call a good time(nice day).

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I keep hearing stories about how horrible DH is to newbies. :cookoo:

OC455

We just got back after a nice ride and good cup of coffee.

If you haven't done it lately, go take a ride(passenger side) in your truck with someone and have a good conversation.

That is what I call a good time(nice day).
It was fun and I learned a lot just visiting! Thanks DH! Wheelspinner, sorry I missed you....would have been happy to had some company for the ride. DH's deuce is a sweet runner. All the more reason I need to get one. Seeing DH's yard was way cool! Now I need to find some Goodyear G177's 11.00R20's now. My boy and I are planning to get one cleaned up and looking right if'n when I get the one I got a line on!!! Excited!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks