• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins 8.3 fuel over flow/ check valve?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to help Pete aka P&C trans. with a problem. I only have the 250 motor in my M925 and just learning about the 8.3 that Pete is working on. I sent him a good picture of the bleed screw forward and between the IP so he can bleed the system out. I also after reading want him to check the return over flow /check valve for sticking open as he has a not start /fuel problem. He has done check with pressure. Done checked rubber lines and rebuilt the slector valve. Does any of you have a good pic not TM print out ( inless it's real clear) of where that valve is. If you know Pete he likes real pictures of different thinks but here we just need it of the placement of that kritter on the return line. Thanks and HOE HOE HOE

smoke

If it like the ones in the buses I work on. It is located in the back of the head. Should hold about 5 to 10 psi. Looks like banjo bolt. Hope that helps

There should also be a return line off of the injection pump. I had the same problem on a p7100 injection pump which is alot like the ones found on the 6cta motors. All you have to do to verify the overflow valve is good or not is pinch the rubber line with some vice grips and then try to start it. The overflow valve is the one towards the front of the injection pump, and the feed line is the one near the middle of the pump. If it starts and runs then its your overflow valve. If not, then your looking at something else. You may also try cracking a line at the injection pump when you are trying to start it. You might see a mix of fuel and air coming out, thats fine as long as it goes away. Start with number 1 and work your way down and only do 1 at a time. This will help bleed the pump and the lines. These pumps are very sensitive to air in the lines.

Good luck and let us know what he finds out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks