• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 seatbelt MWO info

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

Here is some research that I have found as I install MWO 9-2320-200-35-1. It's the MWO that covers seatbelts. It applies to EVERY M44A1/A2 2.5 ton truck, and M39/M800 series 5 ton trucks. The parts kit you'll need is NSN 2540-01-245-2444. (good luck trying to find one though)

If your truck has the MWO triangle "dataplate" with MWO 9-2320-200-35-1 on the door sill, your set. If your doesnt, but has seatbelts, here is how to tell if you have the "official" installation IAW the MWO.
My truck had some seemingly "homebrew" seatbelts, and I dont know if the unit installed them, or AMG did it at the factory, so out they came for some "real ones"..

The drivers seat installation differs if you have fixed (AKA box)or floating (AKA air/spring ride) seat, but the passengers side installation is the same. Basically, the floating installation uses some tethers and brackets to mount the seatbelt, while the fixed seat has the seatbelts attached directly to the rear wall of the cab.

Im not going to get into the nuts and bolts of the installation, as the MWO instructions go into great detail, but basically, you drill 8 holes for reinforcement of the C channel, and nut/bolt/washer them, and then drill the holes for the brackets/seatbelts themselves..

Installation is pretty straightforward. Im almost done with the install, and will post "completed" pics soon. Also, the seatbelt with the "black wire" is for my 3rd seatbelt Im adding, and is NOT part of the MWO, but one of those "because I want it" things. It is mounted in the same fashion as the others, so Im confident it will work out OK.

Attachments

acetomatoco

I have a complete set of seatbelts which I took off the M139 I am stripping.. all bolts and spaces and so forth.. in good shape for the early seats.... $50.. pm to rampartsllc@aol.com (I will even throw in the MWO plate.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks