• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This may be the only post I make on this thread. I have attended almost every GA Rally since they started (I may have missed one or two) and they have steadily gotten better.

I the case of Food Service we went from washing dishes in a mud hole behind the MKT (when we were in the horse pasture) to the great setup Mike has now.

Each year Mike (SCSG-G4) plowed part of any money we made back into the Dining Facility and gave Clinto what was left over.

That's why you sit at tables under a lighted tent instead of eating wherever you can find a place to cop a squat.

The crew of the MKT never made a profit off our labor of love. We did it because in our mind we were doing what NCO's (retired or active) do. Taking care of our (steel) soldiers.

Both Mike and I are retired military and we tend to do things in a military manner.

Clinto asked me to take over the t-shirt concession a few years ago and I was happy to. It allowed me to pay my expenses to attend the rally and pocket a few bucks.

It is a colossal pain in the arse and every year I sweated bullets until I at least broke even.

He has decided to do the shirts this year to help fund the rally and I don't have an issue with that except that I may have to downsize my footprint or skip this one if I have pressing movie business to tend to. With fuel for the truck and associated costs (Durhamtown's blood money) I spend about 300 bucks to attend.

If it were me everybody would pay a small fee to get in the gate and vendors would pay for space simply because it is worth it. I have not spoken to any vendor that lost money at the GA Rally.

I would also increase the price of the meals to reflect what they are actually worth, not what we have been pricing them at. Last year we went way in the hole on Steak Night (Sat. evening meal). This would help defray some of the expenses of the rally but I leave that to Mike and Clinto. People are still free to bring their own chow or travel back and forth to town to eat.

Those of you who follow my madcap adventures know I'm knee deep in the movie production business and to that end I have sold just about every vehicle I have. I was not intending to sell the M927A2 but someone just made me an offer I may not be able to refuse. If that happens I won't have a Prime Mover for the Circus Wagon which is also my hooch.

If that happens I may be absent this year. Times and interests change.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does anybody know what the primitive camping charge is going to be this year, thanks, I am not saying that it has not been posted, it is just that I can not find it.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wow, I just found this thread.... This whole hospital stay thing has really messed everything up for me.
If you can make it in a pov , I am SURE you will be taken care, the rally HAS NEVER left a member hanging. there is always enough food, there is a lot of places to slept, loaned cabins to take showers, may even manage to take home some unneeded, but have to have stuff, You are not the first nor will you be the last to have a event up set there plans. Steel Soldier owners NEVER leaves a fellow owner behind.

joeM62

I've enjoyed going to the rallies and seeing everybody and going around and helping others without question. But I won't buy a dozen t-shirts. I will come to the rally.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a friendly word of advice for those who had cabin/RV/power point reservations for the old dates....call ASAP and swap your reservations!! I called this morning and my cabin was not available for the new dates (21-25 Oct) so they had to give me one I don't know anything about.:x

As Clinto pointed out in his first post, the change of dates is all Durhamtown's doing not the GA Rally Planners so you need to call quick if you want to reserve anything. PLEASE DON'T assume DT will do ANYTHING about swapping your reservations unless you call them personally.
Papabear,

If they moved you to the Squirrel Nest, you have 6 months of dieting to be able to get into the head. (that is the toilet for you army folks) Ask me how I know.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the phone with Bailey changing my reservations and she had some confusion on making me pay now. I had her put Diana on the phone and she asked if I was the boss at the rally. Yes, problem solved.

Wow! Even fake rank has its privileges. LMAO

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just got off the phone with Bailey changing my reservations and she had some confusion on making me pay now. I had her put Diana on the phone and she asked if I was the boss at the rally. Yes, problem solved.

Wow! Even fake rank has its privileges. LMAO

Hmmm....never suspected you would engage in "Stolen Valor"!!:shock:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yesterday I got thinking (I know that tends to get me in trouble at times) Houres (not spelled right) a rally vender pasted away just after last years rally, he had been a supporter of the rally since about the first one, when not a lot of people showed, where he may have not even broke even, He was a friend to a lot of us, always had something we needed (he would say" I have something YOU need" and no chit we did need it, How about showing our apparition for his support by setting up a empty vender space and a sign with his name, sorta like a missing man formation, only a missing vender.
Just a idea.

CUCVLOVER

this may not be ok to ask here if its not just yell at me.
I was thinking about coming and I was wondering if its ok to bring a non MV?
I have a m1008 I will take it on some trails but not the owns where the body gets killed, so I was thinking about bringing my 1974 CJ5 and possibly my COOT its sort of like a baby GAMA GOAT in a way.
What about a Yamamha rhino or a Argo (dad doesn't have a MV, ive just about got him to talked into getting one though).

thanks guys

123mack

73M819: the guy you are thinking about is Horace Rowland. He was Lamar Rowlands' brother and lived near Douglasville. He was a longtime Dixie Division member and always at our rallies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
this may not be ok to ask here if its not just yell at me.
I was thinking about coming and I was wondering if its ok to bring a non MV?
I have a m1008 I will take it on some trails but not the owns where the body gets killed, so I was thinking about bringing my 1974 CJ5 and possibly my COOT its sort of like a baby GAMA GOAT in a way.
What about a Yamamha rhino or a Argo (dad doesn't have a MV, ive just about got him to talked into getting one though).

thanks guys

Make sure that you have a proper fitting helmet for everyone riding any bike, trike, quad, ATV or UTV that you plan on riding anywhere except inside the rally compound. It is not negotiable with the rally management and certainly not with Durhamtown.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks