• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

CUCVLOVER

Make sure that you have a proper fitting helmet for everyone riding any bike, trike, quad, ATV or UTV that you plan on riding anywhere except inside the rally compound. It is not negotiable with the rally management and certainly not with Durhamtown.
I've got a dot rated motocross style helmet and I will make sure anyone I bring has one.

Now I'm just hoping I get to come.

zout

DT does have policies on the property roadways so the hwy going through the property has as less off road vehicles on it as possible FOR YOUR SAFETY. Easy to catch on watching others by which by passes are being utilized .

Where you go is not limited on how stuck you want to get. Thrills galore.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, I want to take this opportunity to put out a couple reminders:

Unless you have already spoken to D-town about your reservation being moved, you need to go ahead and get this taken care of. I don't want anyone to end up losing their lodging over this.

Since the event will be in the end of October versus the beginning, bringing an extra field jacket and hat probably isn't a terrible idea. Traditionally, the 24th of October has had mild weather, but in the off chance that we have a cold snap, I want everyone to be prepared.

If you want to help with the rally in any way, you should either post in the rally volunteers thread (linked above in post #1) or pm swbradley1 or me.

There have been a lot of complaints about how long Heavy's BBQ took to get everybody fed on the Hardball Convoy-we've listened to that input and we're working on some alternatives that we think ya'll are really going to like.

If you have any questions or needs, feel free to post here or pm one of us.

Blythewoodjoe

Alright, I want to take this opportunity to put out a couple reminders:

Unless you have already spoken to D-town about your reservation being moved, you need to go ahead and get this taken care of. I don't want anyone to end up losing their lodging over this.
I made a new reservation Saturday night. I just called and my old one was not cancelled but the new one was on the books. I am in a different place so I hope I didn't kick anyone out. I didn't see my old room Saturday night but the web site is different now so I probably missed it.

There have been a lot of complaints about how long Heavy's BBQ took to get everybody fed on the Hardball Convoy-we've listened to that input and we're working on some alternatives that we think ya'll are really going to like.
I was afraid the wait was going to be long last year so Logan and I left and drove to Washington and had a nice meal at the Pizza Hut. I missed to trip back but enjoyed the ride to Washington and the nice meal at Pizza Hut. No crowd, quiet and good AC. Took in some of the sites there too. Washington is a nice little town. You guys feel free to delete this post in a few days to keep this thread short. Joe.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just made my reservations for B12. I now have sewage, so the price went up to 35/night.
Now I just need to convince my boss and a coworker to switch weeks so I can attend.

zout

Not unless they installed in them Power pole areas since last year - but there will be a few logs laying on the ground you squat over.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not unless they installed in them Power pole areas since last year - but there will be a few logs laying on the ground you squat over.
They added sewer hookups since last year. I took these pictures March 25th (of 2015). You can see the white PVC pipe sticking up near the power posts.

20150325_171914.jpg20150325_171839.jpg20150325_171841.jpg20150325_172448.jpg20150325_173755.jpg20150325_173801.jpg

RAYZER

Just made my reservation for
D 11! ( edit: B11 )
Sandwiched in between EMD567 and papabear,there goes the neighborhood!

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone is going to get a surprise then.

B1-6 start from the road and come into towards the compound.
B7-12 (with B7 being command/registration) headed towards Mike's house.

Where is C & D?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone pack a toilet flange in their goods. We can mount the crapper right on top of the sewage line.

phil2968

Just made my reservation ! C-3 Wed-Sunday, really. can't. wait .
Welcome to the neighborhood! I have C1 and Blake has C2. We have certain standards to uphold on this side of the Randolf Church Road. Get with the HOA upon arrival! We had to have a special meeting on whether or not to allow an individual from your part of the country to reside there. Consider yourself on probation, double secret probation.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just made my reservation for
D 11! ( edit: B11 )
Sandwiched in between EMD567 and papabear,there goes the neighborhood!
Welcome to the Ghetto!! We tried to get a power point closer to the HQ/RT but DT said we didn't meet the income requirements for that area!:oops:

Patracy says he always laughs when the CAMO Crew arrives cause it looks like the Clampetts coming into Beverly Hills!:shrugs:

Last edited:

RAYZER

Welcome to the Ghetto!! We tried to get a power point closer to the HQ/RT but DT said we didn't meet the income requirements for that area!:oops:

Patracy says he always laughs when the CAMO Crew arrives cause it looks like the Clampetts coming into Beverly Hills!:shrugs:
I'll try to fit in, I'm bringing an old couch to put in the front yard!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks