• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carrying extra fuel or water cans

rustystud

027.jpg028.jpg006.jpg008.jpg007.jpg001.jpg002.jpg052.jpg I needed extra carrying capacity for Coolant and possibly fuel. The problem is the deuce does not have to many places to attach a spare can too. I have seen photos of Vietnam deuces with the fuel cans hanging off the rear mud flaps and thought that would be a good idea. I know there is someone making a kit now for this, but at the time I built this there was none. Mine just consists of a piece of 10 gauge steel plate (27"X15") with a spare fuel can carrier attached. It works really well. I also used the strap bracket seen in picture 4 that allows the strap to cinch down really hard to prevent any movement of the can. I used holes already drilled whenever I could. I also had to shim out the plate 5/8" from the mud flap due to the folds in the plate. I used 3/8" hole X 5/8" thick heavy bushings. You can also just use washers stacked up to accomplish the same thing. Now if I ever loose a water hose I can replace all the coolant lost. I always carry extra hoses.
You can also see the spot lights I bought from gimpyrobb. The two on the hitch are for reverse lights. The two mounted high up on the bed are for working at night.

RAYZER

Here's the illusive hinged can holder that was designed for the passenger side step.
Good luck finding one!
They look easy enough to fabricate, just add hinge.
uploadfromtaptalk1431560169237.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431560146919.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have one on the left step in the oe holder, one on my lest forward mud flapfender, one outside the battery box on the right, one off the rear the rear of the right step, one up in the right bed acess, one on my right mud flapfender, one for coolant in the left corner of the front bumper, total 7, the mud flapfender holders carry drinking water for the rally, the rest of the time they carry fuel containers.

rustystud

I have one on the left step in the oe holder, one on my lest forward mud flapfender, one outside the battery box on the right, one off the rear the rear of the right step, one up in the right bed acess, one on my right mud flapfender, one for coolant in the left corner of the front bumper, total 7, the mud flapfender holders carry drinking water for the rally, the rest of the time they carry fuel containers.
Pictures please ! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks