• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV VIN Question

TropicalThunder

Looking through some threads here on the vin but its getting me a little confused. When I google the VIN on my truck which I am assuming is an M1008 I'm not so sure of what I have. It says I have an R30 the plate under the dash says 89. But when I search R30 its for a Dually? I might have a frankenstien truck lol. anybody shed some light on my vin here 1GBHR34JXKJ109306?
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that is an R30 VIN number for sure. 1989 would be the year. The B means incomplete as in cab chassis. Google GM VINncards to decode it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your VIN does not match what you have. I would say at some point the cab has been swapped on to another frame. That is very possible since you are in Samoa.

The forth digit is the rating for the brake system.

The VIN is not from a M series vehicle.

Last edited:

TropicalThunder

Your VIN does not match what you have. I would say at some point the cab has been swapped on to another frame. That is very possible since you are in Samoa.

The forth digit is the rating for the brake system.

The VIN is not from a M series vehicle.
LOL..Samoa. Yep you can do just about anything to a vehicle here and get away with it. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Now where can I start to actually see what I have? Trans type, axle, engine? I just picked up what seem to be the original axles from the truck. Previous owner had swapped them for blazer axles so he could use his six lug wheels. ???? go figure. I really want to know what I got so if theres a vin hidden on the frame or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks