• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet RESTRICTIONS & Updates

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I've been talking with Felix, our very nice GovPlanet Rep for NC AO, Bragg, Lejune and other locations. He has advised me of the following, possibly starting with the auction tomorrow (20 May 2015).

1. DLA Has stated they will begin enforcing 8 business day pickup. This is not 8 days that site is open, rather 8 business days total from completion of the auctiom. This may result in additional charges if GovPlanet has to remove the item from the installation, and that cost will be passed on to the buyer.

2. Site pickups, They are running into a lot of people who are just dispatching trucks. GovPlanet does not man their sites every day. Felix runs through all of Easter NC and has a responsibility for at least 5 fixed sites, and can be called to assist other locations. You need to SCHEDULE THROUGH GovPlanet for pickups. if someone is picking something up for you, they MUST have the release form either digital or paper copy. Digital may get different mileage based on your location. Keep in mind, in certain locations (Bragg is this case) GP may not own the lot, DLA does. that means if the Government is off (Federal Holiday) the lot will NOT be open. This also applies to weekends. Problems can be solved by using GovPlanet's pickup scheduling.

3. Loading Assistance. DLA has had complaints that even though GovPlanet reps are loading equipment, complaints have been filed against DLA due to GP personnel using DLA equipment (IE Forklifts). DLA has direct that GovPlanet can no longer utilize DLA equipment to LOAD. GP may assist with the lining up of equipment, but may not assist in the loading (this may vary on personal relationships but don't count on it). Notice that (for sure at Bragg) GP does not guarantee access to Forklifts or loading ramps.

This sounds a bit doomsdayer, and may cause problems, but these reactions/changes are all from someone doing something wrong. Please verify with your local/purchase point GovPlanet, and utilize the GovPlanet tools to schedule and complete your transaction.

I'll be happy to answer any questions I can or get answers from Felix.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, we all complained about GL but looking back, they don't look so bad after all.

Last edited:

redrustyhill

I did my scheduling through GovPlanet and they gave me bad info, item i was to recover was not at the location they said and the POC number they gave to schedule pickup didn't even work in the same state was where my item was supposedly located, and he didn't bother to tell me until i called an hour in advance to let him know I am on the way for a pickup. When I got ahold of the actual POC who works at that site, he informed me they are not open on fridays! It did get straightened out because there are still a few good men who are very helpful and will go out of their way to help someone out, but i cannot say the same for actual GovPlanet and its customer support sitting in some tower ivory tower in CA who's mistake can cost someone thousands of dollars (if using a shipping company)

What I do not understand is all the people I met and talk to on the various bases where I have recovered vehicles and items, they all work as DLA civilians or actual military personnel, its never been an actual GovPlanet employee. They just schedule and coordinate with GovPlanet and put their stickers on the vehicles, same goes for the sites where I bought stuff through GL, and they have all been real helpful getting loaded out.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty, it depends on the base. I haven't met a DLA person in the GP "sales lot" yet. but if I go to DRMO for a GL pickup it's all DLA minus the one GL rep.

As far as phone number and scheduling, I'd make sure you let GP know, hopefully they can update their site or something.

86m1028

One more reason NOT to buy from GP

You win an item, have to pay for it immediately, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it,
wait for it some more, be allowed to finally come get, drive there, be told it's not there, they have moved it,
drive to where they say it has been moved to, find out it's still at yet another location, be charged for storage & moving fees & or be told that you have to use their shippers, AND all this is at an UNMANNED site ��������

WOW the good old days about dealing with GL & wishing for something to replace them
"that it couldn't get any worse"

Careful what you wish for !!!

redrustyhill

Fortunately they didn't try charging me fees because I was fortunate to get there 2 days after the auction. Had I waited any longer my trailer would have been destroyed at the scap yard and chances are I would not have got my money back. What a shame to scrap a perfectly good trailer like that

Overdrive

Thank you for this information. New to bidding on GovPlanet and just assumed that after auction win and paying for an item I could pickup or schedule pickup by carrier any work day.

So I can assume that GP will not provide a shipper any load assistance for an M1082 LMTV trailer I am already bidding on at FT Cambell in KY AND I can't assume a pickup day that is convenient for me. Going to do some calling to GP site manager on Tuesday.

Really bummed out by this information. My pickup of an M1102 from FT Riley last month went so smooth I just assumed some things. It was a Friday pickup.

redrustyhill

Not all GP transactions are like mine, I had no problems getting my M931 two days earlier at another location. Just make sure to verify that the person you are talking to actually works at the location your item is listed, that the item is at the location listed, and if they have any assistance for loadouts. All sites are different.

WAZ44

I bid and won an M916A1 6X6 Frieghtliner tractor out of Reno NV paid for it on 7/20 GovPlanet changed the rules after I purchased it and I had to fill out a EUC for this equipment ...no problem. I received an email on 9/3 at 11:43 pm congratulating me on my recent purchase and transaction successfully concluded. Went to my account to pull invoice and according to my invoice as of 9/5 I will endure storage fees because I did not pick up my equipment also the ironclad insurance no longer applies. Go Figure!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid and won an M916A1 6X6 Frieghtliner tractor out of Reno NV paid for it on 7/20 GovPlanet changed the rules after I purchased it and I had to fill out a EUC for this equipment ...no problem. I received an email on 9/3 at 11:43 pm congratulating me on my recent purchase and transaction successfully concluded. Went to my account to pull invoice and according to my invoice as of 9/5 I will endure storage fees because I did not pick up my equipment also the ironclad insurance no longer applies. Go Figure!
GP doesn't change the rules on EUC's , the only one that can do that is the DLA.

Fight the fees. That's BS.

Stein12501

I received the same email telling me that it's been 30 days and I haven't picked up my vehicle and after 60 days they will liquidate it. I agree I think it's an automated email. It's still bad business to not fix their problems. I've fought with them since I purchased it over storage fees. They have assured me no storage fee till 8 days after EUC. We will see.

FloridaAKM

I won a trailer from GovPlanet & waited the 45 days for the EUC to clear. The trailer was picked up a few days after the EUC cleared & that was the day the ironclad guarantee expired; GovPlanet is a pain when it comes to dealing with them. I thought that the ironclad guarantee was for 30 day after the EUC has cleared!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Those emails are automated they don't take into effect the euc. Ironclad assurance will be honored from the date the EUC was cleared. I have not seen us charge storage either as long as you don't let it sit a stupid amount of time. We didn't change the rules on the 916 the DLA did.

gavland

GP charged me $125 to use a wrecker to pull my new M1088 that didn't run out of there fenced in area (not on base) in Fayetteville NC because my driver wasn't aloud in the area they had the trucks in.
broke one of the brake chambers to boot because they don't know what there doing I guess. my driver was all set to tow the truck on the trailer him self like I have done twice my self to pick up non running trucks!!!
I still haven't called to give them a raft of #@%& bin trying to fight with them on get my title that I spent $100 extra for to get a PA title and they have told me will be atleast 3 more weeks to get it and wont be a PA title any way.
more my money gone!!! GL I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry for the vent but has to be put out there so people know what mite happen to them.

Stein12501

Jwade that is what the reps have assured me. My vehicle said in the description that storage fee would be charged 8 days after the auction and fee were between buyer and storage facility. That's what got me asking questions. Buying several items from the other guys it didn't sound right. GP reps have reassured me that won't happen. They do need to resolve the email and EUC issues it just makes everybody nervous. It's what's in writing that that counts. So far for me it's not been any worse than ant other dealing. I appreciate your inputs you have really help me personally get thru this. Thanks

iatractor

Time to go back to the good old days of actual live bidding of equipment, complete with an auctioneer. Physically inspect while there, purchase, leave with equipment the same day.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP charged me $125 to use a wrecker to pull my new M1088 that didn't run out of there fenced in area (not on base) in Fayetteville NC because my driver wasn't aloud in the area they had the trucks in.
broke one of the brake chambers to boot because they don't know what there doing I guess. my driver was all set to tow the truck on the trailer him self like I have done twice my self to pick up non running trucks!!!
I still haven't called to give them a raft of #@%& bin trying to fight with them on get my title that I spent $100 extra for to get a PA title and they have told me will be atleast 3 more weeks to get it and wont be a PA title any way.
more my money gone!!! GL I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry for the vent but has to be put out there so people know what mite happen to them.
So, you paid AAA Towing to tow a non-running vehicle, in their yard, to your truck. I've been at AAA Towing, I have offered load out assistance at. Ft. Bragg and surrounding areas for the past 6 months. And you're mad at GP? GP subcontracted to AAA Towing. GP does NOT run AAA towing. GP is not there during any portion of the pickup, AAA Towing is. IF you have an issue with how AAA towing did something, you need to notify GP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks