• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires out of Red River Army depot (Hooks, TX)

Funny Shoes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello all

I been eyeballing some auctions in hooks, lots of 4 395's. I live 450miles away south east of San Antonio and the thought of buying tires without seeing them scares me a bit. Was wondering if their was someone that would be visiting that base between now and June 2-3 that could take a peak report back.

Also any information that would relieve my anxiety of my future en-devour would be greatly appreciated.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent $4k on pristine looking 16r20's on hemtt rims out of hooks tx. Most of the tires still had the little nubbies on the tread.

They arrived and the sidewalls were blown out of every last one of them. None of this was visible in the pics.

I won't be doing that again.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tires are usually a mixed batch from my experience, most 11x20 NDTs I get are 80%+ some with water inside. I've seen batches like 98G described too. You're doing yourself a favor trying to scope them out first but they will not unstack them for you for inspection.

Bo1

hello all

I been eyeballing some auctions in hooks, lots of 4 395's. I live 450miles away south east of San Antonio and the thought of buying tires without seeing them scares me a bit. Was wondering if their was someone that would be visiting that base between now and June 2-3 that could take a peak report back.

Also any information that would relieve my anxiety of my future en-devour would be greatly appreciated.

I will be picking up my 2 lots of 395's that I won this week sometime within the next few days. I will report back on the condition of the tires if it helps you out.

Bo

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent $4k on pristine looking 16r20's on hemtt rims out of hooks tx. Most of the tires still had the little nubbies on the tread.

They arrived and the sidewalls were blown out of every last one of them. None of this was visible in the pics.

I won't be doing that again.
Well.. Thanks. And I now remember why I've never bid on tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks