• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1990 m 923a front axle question

old mack man

hello all I'm new to military trucks but have been around mack dump trucks for 37 years owning 5 now driving and fixing my question is how do i engage the front axle when i flip the dashboard switch light comes on dash i hear air leaking and then light goes out what can be the problem how to test front axle for lockup

dawico

When you shift into low range the front axle will lock up automatically. I have disabled this feature on my truck, but my dash switch still works.

The shifter has a washer that hits a little lever underneath the truck and is simple to disable if you choose to do so.

As far as the dash lever goes, I can't offer any help there.

I am sure someone will be along to help but the maintenance TMs would be a good place to start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks