• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 Jakes and Turbo !!!!

wcuhillbilly

yeh, I pretty stoked, been almost 2 years of frustration and arse scratching for something I knew was stupid simple but couldn't find it. Still think dumping the Crane governor will simplify things immensely. The 816s do most of their work off idle anyway, and the hand throttle can be set for RPM as long as the pump is working properly and not climbing on its own.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been plugging away but life gets in the way.
well the photo upload isnt working,,, I will try to edit this later and insert more pics (6-13-15 16:30hrs, photo upload is still acting up.....)
View attachment 564683

Clearance is tight, but Im trying to keep as low of a profile as possible. Got word from the radiator shop that the aftercooler has internal leaks,,, thats a $1000 part thus I will likely be capping off the ports and running a super big intake untill I can figure out a way to take the cooler apart and fix it......
wcuhillbilly,

In this picture is the hood shut or is that water inlet neck holding the hood up off of its front plastic pads? If the water neck were removed would the cross over air tube prevent the hood from closing?
I know this is an older post, but this is my inspiration for my own turbo project and I'm wondering if my aftercooler intake can be make to fit under stock hood with maybe some milling of the air tube or something?...

wcuhillbilly

The neck was holding it off but more so the air crossover tube,. Not to mention the extra height of the Jake's. When doing a turbo you will have to raise the hood a minimum of 2.5 inches. I just hate the bread box scoop look and wanted to keep a stock profile. Some guys turbo and run a mile of tubing instead of the crossover. Their theory is two fold, 1 to keep from raising the hood and 2 they think the extra tubeing will act as an inter cooler, which is bunk unless you spread out the air like a true intercooler.. sorry for the delay, I'm subscr8 es to this thread but my email put the notification in my spam.
I'm happy to send you more pics via text. Call me or text me at 307-282-0773

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks