• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

nylon fuel lines

oilcan

Well, the search function is a great tool, but I'm not having any luck finding any past discussions on the low pressure fuel lines. The two lines running between the IP and secondary filter base got in a fight at Haspin and one of them needed a little surgery.

I can get some braided stainless replacements, but I'd like to know where to find the stock stuff. Also, a pic of a disassembled connection showing any little brass bits would be helpful in my local search. (I haven't pulled anything apart because I'm still driving the thing every day.)

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i have always used truck air brake line. it is the same size, it is nylon on the inside, but it is uv proof and reinforced with filiments to stand air brake pressures so fuel press is no problem. get the brass inserts at most good hardware stores and use the nylon looking ferrules or use brass if you like, i have always used the nylon ferrules and don't go crazy tightening them

devilman96

Ditto the sizes ae the same as the common water tubing ferrals used for running nylon and copper lines to your ice maker. Toms idea on the brake line is prolly the best way to go, check Napa, etc for that. Its an easy job... Not something to sweat.

oilcan

Excellent! I'll get on the phone book in a jiffy.

And don't worry about my nose, gimp. Thar's gold in them nostrils!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks