• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for pictures of the original M1009 spare tire mount.

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum. I've had a M1009 for 3 weeks now. I've been using a lot of good information on here to get it up to speed. A project I would like to do one of the next few weekend is to fabricate a spare tire mount for the inside of the M1009 like how it was originally. It has none of the parts for it, so if anyone can send/post pictures of the hardware I would greatly appreciate it. I have found post talking about this, but I can't seem to find any pictures online.

milradioman

I need a spare tire carrier too, and have contemplated fabricating one, but hesitate because there must be a source at a reasonable cost out there somewhere, I have bought two parts vehicles and checked junk yards and all are missing the carrier. Someone who does fabrication could possibly manufacture and sell them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will see if I can find my way to the local U-Pick yards this Thursday. I see them there with some frequency.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick has several of everything. Good, saves me from going to the pick a part yard in the 900° weather.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not use the diagram from the TM 9-2320-289-34P parts manual, figure 147? Amazing what you can find in the parts manuals. ;-)

Tire carrier.jpg

acesneights1

From a junker I just picked up. Sorry for the bad quality but it's pouring rain out right now.The bracket that attaches to the cap hold down bolt on this one is mangled a little.

Attachments

glassk

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum. I've had a M1009 for 3 weeks now. I've been using a lot of good information on here to get it up to speed. A project I would like to do one of the next few weekend is to fabricate a spare tire mount for the inside of the M1009 like how it was originally. It has none of the parts for it, so if anyone can send/post pictures of the hardware I would greatly appreciate it. I have found post talking about this, but I can't seem to find any pictures online.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?14022-CUCV-M1009-External-spare-tire-mount

[h=4]Similar Threads[/h]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have a Flange in position # 2 they can part with? Have been unable to find one of those. Thanks in advance
I'll see if I still have one. I had several at Findlay and not sure if they sold or not. If I run into it while unpacking over the next few weeks, I'll send it since I am dispensing with my excess/extraneous feces.

Last edited: