• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinzgauer 710K Landrover 101 pics

L1A1

VincenT
Thanks for posting those images. I was kind of curious myself about the size differance between the Pinz and the FC Landrovers.

Regards,
Matt

tamangel

Attachments

Tx75Pinz

The 101s look pretty neat, but since I have a Pinz and am prejudiced I can only say they seem to be a little too wide for the places I go.

DSD277

Gee Andy,
You're not a good judge of sizes.are you ? :wink: :lol: First, you think my Supacat is a cute little sucker, now you think the 101 are wide... Actually, the widest point on a 101 is only 72" ( other than the ambulances which have a wider rear body), the 710/12 are only a little over 2" narrower. Basic length are 165" for a 710, 195" for a 712, and 180" for a 101 GS .

Dave Dunn

DSD277

For "newer" owners of LR, 110 were the coiled spring version of the leaf sprung 109s ( wb increased 1")... "Defender" wasn't the name given to them until the end of the 1980's. The 110 ( after the Stage 1 109 ) were introduced before the 90 ( as a side note, only 6 or so 90"wb were made, and then they were stretched to 94", but kept the 90 name). I still have a wall poster from '85ish introducing the New 90s. Land Rover never "named" their vehicles prior to the "Discovery" ( Range Rover was considered a different marquee )
On the SeriesII forward controls, I remembered them as 109s with a second frame added on top of the 109 frame, to allow for the forward driving position. There was an "A" and a later "B" model ( it did get an inch added to the wb). I did find one reference to the "110" forward control ( Series IIB FC) in one era magazine.

Dave Dunn

Tx75Pinz

Dave, maybe I don't have any depth perception in two dimensions or maybe I need new glasses. I couldn't even guesstimate on how long the 712 would be sitting next to a 710 anymore, never mind something I haven't seen except on the screen. Maybe I need a bigger monitor. I will say your Vampire is an awesome looking truck though. You can bet if I ever get out to Cal. I'll be wanting to come by and look at all your toys.

VincenT

I remember those days....when the pinz was running... Clutch has her out of commission... I'm stuck seeing Boelt63A running around every other day in the 712??? Can someone please pour more lemon juice in my eyes :( With the hot weather and gas prices... I'm working more on my bikes then the 710...blasphemy, I know.

The 101 in the pic has an updated motor...it was either a Nissan or Mitsubishi diesel, also added a hydraulic steering system. Couldn't believe how much space the engine bay had. He told me how everyone use to mistake his 101 for a Pinz...told him that's nothing, people always asked what type of mileage my unimog got, I guess they missed the red signs in the front and rear that said pinzgauer???

Tx75Pinz

I hope you can get it fixed quickly. Can't imagine how sticky it would be in your part of the world in a Pinz with all your humidity. Pinz works good here though even when it gets hot. Just drink lots of water. Good luck with the repairs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks