• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine heater?

Halsey

Hi folks,

I will be driving my vehicle this winter, and it gets below zero for weeks at a time. What does everyone use as an engine heater to keep the Diesel starting and running the way it should in the cold?

Thanks for all info, it is appreciated.

Chris

sweetk30

wow Cortland ny . . . . just up the road from me .

evilbay has 4 listed if you search 6.2 gm block heater . 1000 watt 110 volt fits in freeze plug .

just a fyi check driver side for wrapped up cord . I parted a 82 c30 last winter . it had a factory heater in the freeze plug . cord was wrapped up and didn't look like ever used . plugged it in and she warmed it up good in few hrs . just not sure if m-series got them tho .

cucvrus

None of the CUCV's came with a block heater from the factory. Your local GM dealer sells them as a Genuine GM accessory and they are about $40. I had the same one in several of my plow trucks for over 20 years they work and have never failed. I hope that helps.

llong66

Ican not remember the name, but I had gotten a small "patch" that I paced on the bottom of the oil pan, it is the type of thing they use for aircraft that they place on the wings to keep the fuel warm. It keeps the oil in the pan warm somewhat when I go to start it, the oil is already a lil warm and sends nice warm oil through the engine as soon as it cranks. They come in different sizes. I also have a circulating inline warmer with my in my coolant system and between the two have never had an issue. The coolant heater was installed in the truck when I bought it.

Last edited: