• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP oil analysis theories

04mustang

Does anyone know/ or has a theory of why GP does oil analysis for some HMMWV's and not others? I'm referring to running trucks here.
I've also noticed that several of the newest listed trucks for the next auction also don't have the oil analysis either.
Just curious.

Thank you,
Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

tage

^^ and cost
Dla wants the lots cleared as soon as possible. They also don't exactly know which ones they're going to be able to take possession of. Also if you look at some of the report dates, they are quite a while ago.

04mustang

After speaking with the local GP guy at Bragg he informed me that going forward there should be oil analysis done on running models, provided they are processed on time, and they are going to be changing the company that does this so it should speed that process up.
Also, non running models wont have an oil analysis going forward.
If you see a running truck that doesn't have a oil analysis then try contacting your local GP person or the main office, but the folks at the main office probably wont be of much help since they didn't take the sample or send it off, they just post the results.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know/ or has a theory of why GP does oil analysis for some HMMWV's and not others? I'm referring to running trucks here.
I've also noticed that several of the newest listed trucks for the next auction also don't have the oil analysis either.
Just curious.

Thank you,
Corey
Howdy,
The only thing that comes to mind is the inspector. Each inspector is different. Take a look at a vehicle in CA, and the same in KS, and in TX, and OH, and VA. You will see different variations with the reports. The same thing with the pictures. I have viewed some GP items with great photos showing every crack and corner. All very focused and important view and angle. I have scene some which barely cover a few blurry shots and onward. It seems the oil analysis is done shortly before the true auction date. This applies to anything with a engine. And it seems not all locations do the test. You might see they never do good pictures, and no oil analysis at certain sites. Usually, if you see a oil analysis for a HMMWV being sold in VA, then all the others being sold there will have a test.

Not all inspectors do the same thing, not all sites do the same thing...

The oil analysis is not worthless. But, like anything, you just need to use judgment with the test, and condition and photos, besides physically viewing and inspecting yourself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks