View Poll Results: Do you prefer GL or GP?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • GL

32 62.75%
  • GP

19 37.25%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: GP vs GL, which do you like better

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 494 Posts

Quote: GP's truck prices seem lower, but that may just be the market trending down. The opening bids are usually at least slightly below the bottom end of reasonable, although sometimes I have to wonder who values a freshly rebuilt non running winch truck with super singles the same as a non running truck with no cab top, no winch, missing engine components, and shredded front tires.
    I don't see this. All the trucks and equipment that GP sells here in Utah are exceptionally high in closing compared to many other locations, especially back east. A couple examples would be HMMWVs that almost always excede $10-12K, an M923A2 that closed at $12500, and a power plant that closed at $13K. So CHEAP or a really good deal isn't happening out here. Yes, I can buy cheaper back east but then need to factor in transport costs. I see a lot of cheap trucks coming out of Kansas but they are in BAD shape and usually don't run either. JMO
    If you have more than one car in your drive way, your a car collector.
    '68 Shelby GT-500
    '75 Bricklin SV1
    '87 M985 HEMTT
    M101/116A3
    '02 M1082
    '14 Ford F150 Tremor (1 of 288 produced)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gunzy For This Useful Post:

98G (09-08-2015)

Thanks

GL was corrupted, I have witness many time all the good stuff would sell for realy high price and then come back next week again, I dont know whi and how, some people were running the market there, either from outside or inside, they just kept bidding stuff until no one bid for it and kept cancelling it so got it cheap, in the process many people got ripped off, thats why GP prices are low, because if you bid, you bought it, but GL let some "regular customers" cancel bids, I seen people in Alabama got freakin enough green stuff to get their own war going. Yes you cant get lucky on GL for dirt cheap stuff any more, but GP kicked all the wolfs out... Thats why some people are upset. They had the mentality,, if you bid on my stuff than I make sure you pay whole lot.
    God is a love that is closer to a person than his own life,but it takes whole life time to find him.

Back in days my questions had multiple answers, ideas, directions and opinions.
    Now my questions has only one answer... Google it...

Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 99nouns View Post
    GL was corrupted, I have witness many time all the good stuff would sell for realy high price and then come back next week again, I dont know whi and how, some people were running the market there, either from outside or inside, they just kept bidding stuff until no one bid for it and kept cancelling it so got it cheap, in the process many people got ripped off, thats why GP prices are low, because if you bid, you bought it, but GL let some "regular customers" cancel bids, I seen people in Alabama got freakin enough green stuff to get their own war going. Yes you cant get lucky on GL for dirt cheap stuff any more, but GP kicked all the wolfs out... Thats why some people are upset. They had the mentality,, if you bid on my stuff than I make sure you pay whole lot.
    Where I come from it's called walking the bid up

Thanks
    Thanked 21,460 Times in 7,432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 99nouns View Post

Thanks

I don't see how anyone could like GL better. There was almost no information about the truck on the site and it took me over a year to get the title. Looks like GP actually fixes some of the trucks to get them in shape to be transported home. I've seen several with notes written on the label that say the batteries were replaced for the brake fluid was topped off. Not to mention the videos of the engine running...

I also read a bunch of stories where people would go pick up their trucks from a GL auction and parts would be missing.
    Last edited by tsmall07; 01-21-2017 at 01:08.
    1971 M35A2 11.00x20 XLs (Sold)
    1985 M1008 Flatbed (Sold)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimpyrobb View Post
    This is like asking if you'd rather get screwed by democrats or republicans...
    I would rather get screwed by republicans at least they might call me the next day....
    1997 Raytheon M1101 custom 34086 paint
    2005 Yamaha Rhino 660 4x4 New Engine Govplanet one and only. SOLD!!!
    1965 Mustang 302 EFI T5 swap project Runs!!
    1985 M998 Humvee custom 34086 paint
    1960s M105 about to rust in half... custom 34086 paint.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 1,578 Posts

Would you rather be flayed alive or boiled in oil?

Thanks

GL is pretty dang sorry anymore! No customer service and they cannot even put a label on a shipment. Would you ever receive anything from Amazon that way? I have had numerous $75 labeling charges. I now find someone to pickup and label and then I get it picked up. GP will work with you more on discrepancies but I do not like their auction bidding process. Missing items from GL go no where. Even when you show them in the pics they say someone must have taken it when they picked their truck up. Nice! I wish someone else would take over both!
    When you put the 2 words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs....'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hard Head For This Useful Post:

98G (03-02-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4