• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

69 m35a2 wont go over 20

Chases7885

I just bought my first deuce a year ago and have been fixing it and trying to get it running down the road. Yesterday my dad decided to take it out for the first time on the street and he said he couldn't get it over 20 mph. So I was wondering if anyone might know of a reason or something that I should check to fix this problem ?

Chases7885

Checked the transfer case it's in high and the road he took it down is a flat road, and my truck has the shift pattern on the dash the only thing I haven't checked is the filters. Thanks for all the replies guys. I hope the filters are the problem

FloridaAKM

Check the water separater under the right fender with the drain to see if you get anything but a good flow of clean fuel! Then check the other big filters up on the fire wall with the drains on them. If you get water or dirt in any of them, or a low flow, it might be time for a filter change starting with the water separator first! Let us know what you find...

dmetalmiki

That.s going to be filters most likely, change them all and if that does not fix the problem, you have to read the applicable T.M.s and set the feul pump properly.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
What does it do if you run fuel right to the FDC/hydraulic head interface fitting?
Bypass EVERYTHING using known good clean fuel and comeback.
Put it into here
put it in here IMG_7626.jpg
Anyhow you need to post pictures for the General.
There is no one on SS that does not want your engine to run good........................

Chases7885

my dad said that he didn't want to push the engine over the 1500 rpm. I still haven't checked the filters yet, I plan to tinker with it this weekend since its stored at my parents place it takes me a while to check things on it and i'm going to post some pictures this week . I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving.

Last edited:

Akicita

So, your truck stood still for a year. I presume it was parked outside in the same spot for all that time.

I agree with all the suggestions already made but want to add one more thing to check: When you release the park brake (that lever right by the driver's door, "up" is brake applied, "down" is brake released), are the wheels really free or are the brakes so rusty that the brake is still "on" even when you think it's not?

Also, keep in mind, that you get the best performance from diesel and not from any of the cheaper alternate fuels and fuel mixes.

Good luck!

Chases7885

I bought it a year ago and before I got it it sat for 4 yrs. I'm pretty sure the break releases I just redid all the break system when I got it then it sat thru the winter. I only ever run clean diesel fuel in it I'm going to change all the filters and see if that might fix the problem this weekend

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks