• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Willing to help with a recovery

12Vcummins

Good evening, folks.

I'm looking to assist with a recovery of a 5 ton. I have scoured through this site for several months now, and after doing plenty of reading, am looking to purchase a M923A2. Being a potential first time buyer of a government liquidation vehicle, I would like to assist in a recovery. I am located on the eastern shore of Maryland.

joshuak

Unfortunately I don't have a recovery in my future, but seen that this is your first post, I can give you a cordial welcome, so here you go:

Welcome from your own slower shore, may you enjoy the green iron madness! :)

AZK9

Gaining as much experience as you can is always a good approach. You've got the right idea and hope sometime soon you get the right truck!

BTW... Welcome from the Central Highlands of Arizona!

Gunzy

Welcome. I highly recommend you go to the TM section and start by reading the operators manual known as the -10 and then you may start reading all the other TMs for the M939 series of truck. Enjoy the madness.

12Vcummins

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I would prefer to help with a recovery from GL, but I wouldn't mind going along to a private sale either. I've been skimming through the TMs, but there nothing like putting your hands on one and getting a feel for what to look for when I start shopping around