• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Teufel Hunden Wholesale, Columbus, Ohio call by appt only!!!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I am usually in the wrong place at the wrong time, but not on this one.

I was traveling last Wednesday to visit family in eastern Ohio. I got a call from a "giddy" gimp who was describing the piles of surplus that surrounded him. Luckily, my current route around I-270 would actually put me within a mile of the Teufel Hunden warehouse in about an hour.
Woo hoo! :jumpin: Hold on Gimp, I'll be right there.

I grabbed an armload of miscellaneous stuff for a decent price. Thanks Bill! [thumbzup]

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wish I had got my jet car finished in time I would be out there with you guys today! 14 hour dive in a normal car was a little too much.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday was my first of what I'm sure will be many visits.

I met Jackie and Bill and enjoyed looking around the first warehouse. :)

It turns out out my eyes were a lot bigger than my wallet and I got off lucky with only spending about $145 to get a few items I just couldn't live without. Funny, I walked up to 4 things laying on the floor that no one knew what they were. Being a former naval aviation guy I recognized in-flight refueling probes. I think they must be for a helo as they manually extend via a gear drive and they would make a cool wall decoration behind someone's bar or even a flag pole. Too cool.

Being a chain whore I had to buy some of the new 10 foot 1/2 in chains. (They are $35 each.) I got some small tools and ammo cans.

Then we went to one of their other yards to look at a Ditch Witch trencher so I could tell Bill what I thought it was worth. (I started running Ditch Witch trenchers about 45 years ago with my Dad.)

He has a nice looking complete M101A1 trailer there as well.

Good trip and then I stopped at the Ditch Witch dealer to pick up some teeth for the one I have in my barn. :)

I appreciate you guys stopping in yesterday!! 2800 takes the ditch witch everything works on it... Let's just do a package deal because I think that thing would look great in the bed of that M101a1 for 3500.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I didn't make it up there on the 8th as my trailer recovery had to be postponed for a week, but I was able to stop there today and all I can say is wow. I didn't have time to go through everything as much as I wanted to, but I was able to pick up several things I have needed for a while and I got a pretty decent price on them as well. I met Bill, the guy in charge, and also met up with Gimpyrobb. It would have been very easy to spend way too much money, so it was probably a good thing I had to get to Whitehall to pick up my trailers. If you are traveling near there it is definitely worth a stop.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know if this place is still doing surplus sales to the public? I'm heading to Whitehall for a load of shelter dollies tomorrow and would like to stop in again.
How about a phone number for them? His opening post says call for appointment but lists no number.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never made it up there yesterday. Bad weather out this way. Still no answer when I call though. Will be 2 weeks till I can try again.

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. Finally got hold of Bill at the warehouse today and they are definitely still open. I spent way too much money but got a lot of cool stuff loaded on the truck. Lots of stuff to buy. If you are ever in the Columbus area it is definitely worth a stop.