• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Low Air" What does it mean?

Kora

One of the Humvees to be auctioned , the Inspection Report states tire is "Low Air". The driver side front tire is half way down to the ground.
Do you think it is a flat that must be repaired, or is just matter of to bring an air compressor to air up and drive it out?
Your thoughts please.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any tire that sat for a extended period of time low on air or flat should be replaced as it will have sidewall damage.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, let's be honest here. It's impossible for any of us to know what the state of the tire is. So Kora, the best course of action likely is to have it towed home of course. Perhaps it's just low and needs air, but as others have mentioned, if it's flat and has sat on the sidewalls, it's best to replace the tire.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't all the all HMMWV's coming out of auction have to be trailered or towed according to sales agreement not to drive on public roads ?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Don't all the all HMMWV's coming out of auction have to be trailered or towed according to sales agreement not to drive on public roads ?
Indeed, I'm running on a couple hours sleep. (Santa) Totally ignored the obvious. So used to people asking this kinda thing about the 6x6's I spaced. I'm going to take a nap!

TedG

If it is a true hmmwv tire, then it will have a run flat installed. This,will keep the side walls intack. However, now there will be a flat spot on the runflat. Air it up, load it on a transporter and take it home. PMCS it...best time you can spend on your new toy before you drive it.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP loves to fill the tires up with air for pictures. I would bring a cheap patch kit if it's obvious.
its clear you have an ax to grind with GP....take it up with them ok? Either offer up constructive posts or don't bother.
those of us who have been here know of your GP issues....

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Low air? Isn't that the opposite of high air? You pay less for low air and pay higher for high air unless you are in Colorado.

tage

I am offering sound advice. No ax to grind. I know how they operate locally. May it be ethical, or nought. I have bought from gp, and gl. And have been burned on items by both companies. However, I have also had a few good buys. Knowing what to look for in a very vague description, and low res pictures helps filter the trash.
Either way back OT, tires aren't covered by the warranty so bid accordingly.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks