• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New clutch

bluewv

Hello all , I need help to find the right master clutch set for my M35a2 1982 ldt 465 engine. There is a lot of them on ebay but I wanted other people's input before I bought one. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd check with Teds trucks down in Nc, they have always been fair with me.

If you search 231556054044 in egay, you will find a good kit.

chestypuller1371

how can you tell fiber from the ceramic?

what kit did you und up using? anyone just reuse the pressure plate? is there a more desirable pressure plate 3 or 4 finger?

rustystud

how can you tell fiber from the ceramic?

what kit did you und up using? anyone just reuse the pressure plate? is there a more desirable pressure plate 3 or 4 finger?
The best clutch plate would be the 6 disc model for the 5 ton, but the next best would be the 5 disc model. The best clutch pressure plate is a toss-up. The standard 4 finger model is a good unit, it just needs to be adjusted. The 3 finger model is also good and more then likely you will not have to adjust it. It also handles being out of adjustment better then the 4 finger one which has a tendency to break fingers when out of adjustment. As far as "reusing" a pressure plate that is a bad idea. They tend to get hot-spots and will cause either a grabby or a slipping clutch.
The way to tell a ceramic from fiber clutch is the ceramic looks like metal, while the fiber looks like normal brake lining.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the process of putting a new clutch in my truck as well. I have the 3 finger stamped pressure plate and 6 puck ceramic clutch disk. Ill drop the flywheel off to be machined today and I have a new ring gear on order as well. My ring gear was chewed up in a couple spots which explains why I had one rebuilt starter grind a couple times. now I know why it acted up and its actually a good starter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks