• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not enough message storage.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any chance message storage can be increased? surely it doesn't take all that much space. I Don't like having to delete info I might want later from other users I've contacted.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can save your messages in multiple formats for later reference. I dislike cleaning out my PMs and managing saved message files, but it's a small price to pay for everything this site provides. Storage for all these 1's and 0's costs money, and I'd rather that storage space get used for more public content than for larger individual PM boxes. At least we have the ability to save our PMs. My opinion is if my PMs are important to me, then I'll make the effort to back them up. My PMs are not important to the majority of members of this site.

It may be difficult to work out the payment scheme but perhaps the admin could make larger PM boxes a benefit of paid membership. That is if paid membership would offset the cost of more storage.

Of course all of the above is assuming the current PM system is not a product of software or host limitations. If the software or host offers the flexibility and time permits, then I imagine the admin will explore or has already considered user suggestions.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As a paid member, your storage was increased. But I went ahead and moved it from 350 to 500.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks