• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Parts

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fine, later on in the years i will tell the story of the tractor trailer of new take off LMTV and FMTV parts that went to scrap yard. I have hunderds of these axle build and all these parts will be left overs, so be it.

Hwhomes

Thanks to Coffey1 for his assistance. I tried your suggestion and three tires appear to be working. I'll test deflation tomorrow. Here are some pics of what I have.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hwhomes

The valve needs a new valve stem, the silver part. The valve stem coming out of the tire, the brass part, needs to be replaced. It won't accept air for some reason. Where can I get these parts?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Looks like it has a schrader valve in it. Take out the schrader valve put it all back together. Or swap it with your spare tire then you can play with it in time.

Hwhomes

Put it back together? Is it supposed to have a Schrader valve in it?

PS that brings up another problem. The spare and four extra wheels that I purchased with my truck don't fit my truck. Need to sell them.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Not there. I can see at the bottom what looks like a quick release piece that takes the place of the right angle coming off the valve stem and going to the hose that goes to the ctis valve. These things are notorious leakers. I believe an o ring can be replaced inside of it. Take the schrader valve out of the stem and put it back together. I will warn you that someone didn't put it there for no reason. But seeing that the tire is flat I am thinking air is leaking elsewhere. Once you get it back together and aired up, get the windex out and start spraying looking for bubbles.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yup there is a flat screw head on top when you "unscrew" it, it allows for flattering the tire fast. That's where they leak from. I hate them things. Put it all together minus the schrader valve in the stem and go from there.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
With a schrader valve in the stem it won't do anything. That's why the tire is flat. Someone tries to fix a tire that was going flat but the problem is most likely elsewhere on the wheel.

Hwhomes

Ok removed Schroeder valve. Tire inflates despite a slow leak at the quick deflate angle valve. However rear tires don't deflate. Sound of venting air in vicinity of center of rear axle but tires don't deflate. Suggestions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks