• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick question/th400 pressure cooling line

mbavers

Which is the pressure cooling line on the TH400 trans, and does it go to the top or bottom of the radiator? (I have had a cooler installed that bypasses the radiator, and I want to include the radiator in series with the external cooler.)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the lower fitting on the transmission and that line normally connects to the bottom of the radiator/cooler.

G.

cucvrus

WOW. Glad I found this. I was pondering if it mattered. But I did crawl under the Red Riding Hood M1009 with a flashlight and look. I am in the process of getting hydraulic lines made for Mr. Rusty and wanted to do the job right the first time. No mistakes. I am hoping to close the door on oil cooler lines for a few years on MR Rusty. Up higher on top of the transmission seems safer that low and in the slush. Also no metal to metal contact to promote rust. I just was not liking the indecisiveness of the LMC cooler lines. More Later. I never ask. I searched and found the answer. I verified it also thru my transmission rebuilder. Be Safe.