• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 oil coolant line part number

REDWOLF

Anyone have a good part number for the rubber oil coolant lines that go from the engine to the hard lines at the radiator? One of mine is starting to weep oil.

cucvrus

You can google the part numbers and find them that way. I have been letting them have a slight weep. That seems pretty normal for the vintage of the lines. Also I have had great luck getting some made at a hydraulic shop and also making some myself with high pressure compressor hose and hose clamps. It was a trick I learned from working on Ford CVPI police/taxi vehicles. They were ungodly expensive oil cooler lines and I made replacement ones that lasted for years of use. The first ones I made I wrapped in white paper towel and checked them often. After a week and they stayed white I removed the towels and called it a success. But the new ones are available and you will pay about $50-75. each for them. Good Luck in what ever way you decide to go.

Rvitko

My 2c is avoid the dorman lines, gm lines come two ways, old stock tagged made in Mexico, good to go, new production, made in China, same crap as dorman. Get a tubing bender and be prepared to have to make some adjustments to the aluminum end so they line up with the bracket near the oil pan. If I had to do over, I might take cucvrus advice and take the old ones to a hydraulic hose maker to be matched. I bought two sets, both gm, the Chinese ones were new and fit like crap, the Mexican ones were nos and muy Bueno.

bigbird1

Last two posts are spot on, I too got some Droman junk and sent them back , not even close. I took the to a hydraulic shop and they cut the crimps off and used my old lines with new hose and clamps , charged me like 57.00. NEVER BUY THE DORMAN LINES!!!!! One of the lines had a worn spot that was thin so I used the Aluminum brazing rod you use with a propane torch and it worked better than new.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks