• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long time listener, first time caller.

Wargasm

Hey guys. My names Larry, live in Henniker NH. Signature covers vehicles I own. I run in the same circles as a few other members on here. Just making an official attempt to be more active on the forums. Anyone have experience throwing together a complete civilian interior package for a CUCV? About to start putting together the shopping list.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome, I was station in you beautiful state (in the summer) in the early 70's. My 09 is still stock but sure some folks on here will have the info you need.

richingalveston

I bought an 87 suburban and parted it out to get the power windows, Locks, tilt wheel, better front bucket seats, civilian gauge cluster, intermittent wipers.

I purchased new switches from LMC. All other parts were re-used from burb.

I bought the burb for $800. I traded the motor and trans for a 205 t-case. scrapped the body for $600.

I purchased the floor insulation and rubber liner from LMC. My truck is as quiet as any civilian truck with 6.2 or 6.5 motor.

I would look for a parts vehicle. Or be ready to be bent over by LMC for all those interior parts.

Wargasm

Yeah I am seeing that. Seems the only scrap yard donors I can find have red interior. She wants black so frankly I may have to take a big bite and chew this sandwich....pick my battles so to say.

Last edited:

Rvitko

I'll get some pictures for you of what I am doing. I kept the original rear bench and bought a civi center console and civi blazer front seats. I reupholstered the seats in maroon in the original style and I am keeping everything else dark bronze. I made custom sidewall panels of 3/8" plywood as I am adding ac and wanted to insulate as much as I could, some r-8 is behind it with a radiant barrier and it gives me a surface to mount tools on, I first bedliner the floor to seal it up and I am putting rubber flooring over it. I only have most of the back done for now, front is still a work in progress as it is easier to work under the dash with no seats. I did paint my center console in dark bronze, I used several tips online as these are supposed to be unpaintable at least not in a durable way as they are polyethylene. I sanded it, flamed it with a torch gently, used sem adhesion promoter and their vinyl paint. The theory is that the sanding and flaming gives an invisibly fuzzy and modified surface the paint can adhere to and it seems permanent.

Rvitko

Having used color bond, Eastwood and sem. Stick to sem. Eastwoods stuff smells like leather tanning and for weeks rubs off on your clothes, it works, but sem smells like a chemical factory and is as permanent as if it came that color, no top coat needed, it is worth the higher price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks