• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 steering...

RichM882

Another stupid question but will a '77 W300 dually steering box fit and do the trick ?
A guy 200 miles from me is breaking a Dodge W300 airport fire tender and I can have the steering box, pump and pipes etc for a very good price. But will it work ????

From my dodge fleet days the steering box should fit. You might have to swap the pitman arm, while your there check the pitman arm seals for leakage. We added power steering to a 1970 W200 from a W300 , but the W300 was custom built for forestry fire use. They had a dropped arm to accommodate the four inch lift the truck had to go off road.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
direct fit, pitman arm stays with steering box. ( manual & power are different)
replacement pitman arms for the power steering boxes are not available, so make sure the box you get still has it.

Armstrong steering......

RichM882

Well. The power steering box has arrived. The pitman arm is facing uphill rather than downhill. Is a W300 relay rod cranked or kinked because I cannot see how it can work otherwise !!!

RichM882

Well it would appear that the steering box is designed to function in a manner that the pitman arm works in a horizontal plane rather than a vertical one. Is the relay rod different ?

Bdaman

The horn is bolted to the radiator support just above the black out headlamp. As far as I am aware, there was only one horn. Pictures attached.
I know this is off topic, but why does almost every truck have some bars missing on the grill? Some more and some less than You show. Mine has them missing too, but it doesn't look like it opens up for certain functions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is off topic, but why does almost every truck have some bars missing on the grill? Some more and some less than You show. Mine has them missing too, but it doesn't look like it opens up for certain functions?

It's for the blackout drive light (aka the minimized headlight) they were mounted behind the grill, but usually necessitated the removal of grill pieces to project a "full swath"

Bdaman

It's for the blackout drive light (aka the minimized headlight) they were mounted behind the grill, but usually necessitated the removal of grill pieces to project a "full swath"
So having the notches cut out means at some point it had the blackout kit then? Makes much more sense now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks