• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color?

FXR1969

Thinking about painting the ol girl any suggestions??
having a hard time deciding
tan?
green camo?
or a darkish gray?
where they any other colors?????
lets have it good and bad!!image.jpg

AZK9

I painted mine in Behr 383 CARC green with the idea of adding the camo pattern
to it later on. That was a couple of months ago and the paint is looking pretty nice.

In the meantime... that 'green only' look has been growing on me so much that...
I might just leave it that way! I also blacked out my wheels.

AZK9-FreshPaint.jpg

There are lots of possibilities. Have fun with your decision! [thumbzup]

mcmullag

What do you do with it? that may help in the decision.
I had a 3 color camo one and a tan one.
Nice thing about the tan/sand, I live on a dirt road and truck sat in driveway and the tan doesn't show the dust that accumulates.

Attachments

71DeuceAK

I say leave her as is, maybe just a refresh of the original colors. I like the 3-color camo on the M939 series 5 tons myself. With a Deuce I'm a fan of the solid 3-83 green.

FXR1969

And as far as use just what ever
me and the girl friend rode around sat and Sunday in it (test rides)!!!
going to do the local Fourth of July parade and Christmas one also
it's just a blast to drive!!! Should have got one years ago!!

mcmullag

Probably no sure way to tell original color. Has it gone thru a rebuild/refurbishment/overhaul?
Might wanna blast it off at the carwash and then crawl all over it and under it at home and try to see what the bottom of the cab and cargo bed and suspension and drivetrain components look like for color. But even major stuff could have been replaced with different original color stuff at overhaul/rebuild time.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For original color, There's a pretty good bet it was NATO Woodland CARC. We didn't start doing desert tan for the most part until the 90s, and that was a minority compared to Iraq/AFG time frame where everything (minus Korea) seems to be desert tan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks