• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proportion Valve

MrArmyAnt

So I found the plethora of part numbers it could have here, http://www.parttarget.com/4820-01-359-9489_4820013599489_12708201.html . Can't find one for sale or in stock anywhere. While replacing the master cylinder putting this line back on it got crossthreaded in the aluminum. Does anyone know what size all the fittings are on this piece so I can get a generic one from summit, or where to grab the right one? Thinking something like http://www.amazon.com/Wilwood-260-11179-Proportioning-Valve/dp/B003LT619Q or larger...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup must use the correct one on the pro valve, there are multiple models for different applications on the HMMWV.
so if you order from kascar, call them and tell them it's just a 10k brake setup....the color of the pro valves varies by application, silver, green, red etc....yours most likely is green.

NormB

Holy resurrected zombie post Batman!

I did some plug-and-play hose replacement on my PS system this past week or so and wound up getting the electrical wire for the proportioning valve underneath the high-pressure hose from the hydroboost to steering box and would like to unplug it and reroute it.

Yeah, I'm a little OCD, not so anally-retentive I poop cubes, but...

anyway, looking at a picture of a (most likely Chicom knockoff from the evil auction site) here:

s-l1600.jpg

it LOOKS like the plug should just pull UP and away from the socket.

Tried that, gently, rocked a little back and forth, nothing. No movement.

Hard to tell from the photo, but is there a secret tab on one side I'll need to press to release the plug?

Leave well enough alone? [I'm WAY past that already, but thanks]

NB

DREDnot

In that pic I see a notchy looking feature in the plug bottom side that would lead me to believe there is a locking device of some sort due to its safety critical status

NormB

In that pic I see a notchy looking feature in the plug bottom side that would lead me to believe there is a locking device of some sort due to its safety critical status
I thought so too. I'll give it another go tonight. Tried pushing with a thumbnail but wasn't getting any release. Likely old rubber adhering to the plastic. I'll try getting some dielectric grease between the parts with a nail or something.

Thanks.

NormB

No release. Plug was just glued in place with silicone or something like it. Picked at it, brushed it with a stainless brush, pulled tabs on side to release, then reassembled and wrapped some silicone tape around it.

image.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks