• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did the military use any detachable gooseneck trailer ?

acesneights1

Title say it. Was wondering if they used any detachable gooseneck lowboys like a Rogers 35 ton and if so what would be the M classification?

fasttruck

I believe the trailer illustrated has a 12/24v lighting system. The brake connections are the same as commercial. The difference is the 3" king pin.

MCS Dave

I believe the trailer illustrated has a 12/24v lighting system. The brake connections are the same as commercial. The difference is the 3" king pin.

Thank you for the info. I'm not a truck driver but am trying to move some cargo for the Army. So would the 3' king pin be a show stopper for the commercial driver?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also - M870's (A0, A1, A2, A3...) were matched to a 6x6 (or 8x8) tractor which has a fifth wheel height approaching or above 60". They do adjust to a "civi" height fifth wheel (that's why they have interchangeable 2~3.5" king pins), so you will have to reset the locks to set the g-n to your truck height.

We will need pics!!!!!!!