• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally, September 1-5, 2016

conny

Gentlemen, After spending $400.00+ on food to feed participants, loading up the pick-up with everything (including the kitchen sink), I cannot make it. I was truly looking forward to meeting you guys and having some laughs. I've waited a year to attend but an emergency has arisen.

My dad (88 year old) has been in the Hospital for a couple weeks and his pneumonia has gotten worse. Nurses and doctors say odds are against him. If I don't go now, I may not ever have a chance to speak with him again. So, I'll be leaving for Kansas on the 30th early if nothing improves or he gets even worse.

I'm very sorry. I was looking forward to feeding and meeting you all. Hope you have a fun and safe Holiday. Take care.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dad (88 year old) has been in the Hospital for a couple weeks and his pneumonia has gotten worse. Nurses and doctors say odds are against him. If I don't go now, I may not ever have a chance to speak with him again. So, I'll be leaving for Kansas on the 30th early if nothing improves or he gets even worse.
Family first! There will be another rally next year!

CGarbee

Syndi wants to fish - is the pay-per-catch pond open this weekend?
I don't think that it is normally open over Labor Day as the water is still a tad too hot for the trout to be active...
However, we can either get it opened for her, or we can put her on the Rose River (she's still too young to require a license, isn't she?), or we can put her on any number of other ponds on the property that have bass, cat, brim, etc...

CGarbee

GO!
We'll have the chance to meet, eat, and socialize next year (we do this at the same time/location each year)...

We'll be sending positive vibes your way...

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have run across 4 or 5 torso paper targets for pistol. If I make up some wooden mounts, would they be okay to bring to the shooting range? They have a dead terrorist on the front from the 80's, so we can make him deader..............

Another Ahab

I'm very sorry. I was looking forward to feeding and meeting you all. Hope you have a fun and safe Holiday. Take care.
I send my prayers for your Father, and for you, and all of the family.

In the thoughtful words of our good Chaplain: Vayas con Dios.

JSF01

I'll be there this year. With shotguns, is there any issue with Aerial targets? I have an old box of clays that I've had for years and a WWII Savage model 720 aerial training shotgun i just picked up that I'd like to put to use. I also have a lot of paper terrorist and hostage targets, which I can bring.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wood and paper targets are fine. Aerial targets should be ok as long as you keep the shot sizes reasonable (IE, nothing bigger than #6), and everyone else will have to just watch unless they have a shotgun too! Do you have a machine to throw the clays, or will it be by hand? No rifles or pistols will be discharged at aerial targets. Even magnum shotshells with #7.5 or #8 will barely clear the field on aerial targets from where we will be shooting, thus it is safe.

JSF01

I have a basic spring loaded machine that is activated by a pull string. It can launch 3 clays at a time though the the third one, if I remember right (it's been years since I used it), tends to launch at pretty low angle, not getting more than 6-10 feet in the air. I have plenty of #7 1/2 Shot, And I'll bring my H&R Topper along too. I'd bring along my Mossberg 500, but unfortunately the plastic trigger guard broke. I have no issue with letting others shoot them as well. What's the range of the field we are using?

CGarbee

Anyone bringing firewood?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
We've been doing selective logging around the property for the past five years or so...
Lots and lots of nice seasoned oak, maple, and poplar, etc... up on the hillsides just waiting to be hauled down to the campsite... (logger took out the trunks, left the crowns...)
I know that more than one person will have a saw, and a trailer (I have the dumptruck....)....

If you have stuff at home you want to get rid of, bring it, but we've got you covered if you don't mind sweating a bit... ;)

Ford Mechanic

We've been doing selective logging around the property for the past five years or so...
Lots and lots of nice seasoned oak, maple, and poplar, etc... up on the hillsides just waiting to be hauled down to the campsite... (logger took out the trunks, left the crowns...)
I know that more than one person will have a saw, and a trailer (I have the dumptruck....)....

If you have stuff at home you want to get rid of, bring it, but we've got you covered if you don't mind sweating a bit... ;)
So bring a splitting axe, ok!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

I have plenty of #7 1/2 Shot, And I'll bring my H&R Topper along too. I'd bring along my Mossberg 500, but unfortunately the plastic trigger guard broke. I have no issue with letting others shoot them as well. What's the range of the field we are using?
Is that a newer weapon? It sounds like Mossberg is getting cheaper in their output. I got no problem with glass-filled nylon; but, plastic?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the range of the field we are using?
Where we will be shooting from is at Google Earth Coordinates 38.508897, -78.347513, and we will be shooting NNW (North, Northwest) or about 22.5 degrees west of north). You can look at it on Google Earth and should be able to figure out the dimensions/distances.

JSF01

Is that a newer weapon? It sounds like Mossberg is getting cheaper in their output. I got no problem with glass-filled nylon; but, plastic?
I'm not sure of it's composition so I just called it plastic as a catch all. I bought it 7 to 8 years ago, so you are probably right about it being glass-filled Nylon

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to load the boom stick then...

Good thing zombies aren't like clay pigeons... I hit 1 in 20!

But I have only done it a handful of times, so practice would help!

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the range of the field we are using?
Cabell told me in response to a PM I sent with several questions that it's roughly 25 yards to 100 yards. I intend to bring some new to me rifles; Model 14, Model 1894, and my Dad's old .54 cal smoke pole.

See you there!

Bulldogger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks