• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring Brake Chamber Final

randygk

Just opened up the spring brake chamber as curiosity got the better of me. And "Holy Crap Batman" the drawing of the spring in the cutaway view really doesn't do that spring justice.
I thought I would post a couple of pics to help people be more informed on the brake chambers.

IMG_0801.jpgIMG_0798.jpg

dmetalmiki

Indeed! Just not EVER strip or dissemble these type of brake units without the proper tools and SAFEGUARDS.
Methods can be found on forums and googled for safety procedures.
These are second in line (or equal to) Sitting on the tire of a ring type split wheel to dissemble that!.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
your very luck it didn't blow apart and take a piece of you with it!!!!....please don't take any more of them apart.....
If done RIGHT, there is NO worry for it to "blow apart" when taken apart, UNFOUNDED statements like above does NOT teach people how to do it right and safely, it just adds more unfounded scare to the myth of spring brakes. YES they are dangerous if you do not know what you are doing, but KNOWING what you doing and TREATING them with respect as they deserve makes working on them no big deal.

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If done RIGHT, there is NO worry for it to "blow apart" when taken apart, UNFOUNDED statements like above does NOT teach people how to do it right and safely, it just adds more unfounded scare to the myth of spring brakes. YES they are dangerous if you do not know what you are doing, but KNOWING what you doing and TREATING them with respect as they deserve makes working on them no big deal.
as you have said they are "dangerous" with out the right tools and knowledge to use the tools they can make a bad day for you.....i have seen one blow apart because of wrong tools and wrong knowledge......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks