• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well another LVT-4 gets to come back to life...

I really doubt it - the bidding put the combined price for the 4 around 20k - steel is about $45/a ton right now - he'd get about 2500 bucks at the scrapper...

They'll live on somewhere - maybe not all 4 but you could certainly get 3 to live on

waayfast

Matt, sorry for the delay-had a small construction project on the place that could not wait-.

Here are some pics.

Still thinking about what price to ask but be assured it won't be any where near $20,000 LOL!

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:
Yep - was down there last night looking at the row of 5 they have lined up (they already had two - so I think they win the fleet award for having 6 now) - pretty neat stuff; lots of really cool tracked stuff - not just LVT's... Weasels, Bren Carriers, a HST and some half tracks ;) - my kind guys!

Two will get full resto and possibly a third depending how things go - lots of pretty rare and hard to find parts in those shells - they were super gracious in having me crawl all over and generally shoot the breeze

Exactly how this hobby should be - so rest assured they are in loving hands

Matt

Last edited:
More loading pics

She's on her way through Wisconsin today...

Actually went pretty easy as far as loading was concerned - built some timber ramps and just made two winch pulls - one to square up to the trailer and then up she went - steers well and rolls fairly easily for a 30k steel tracked vehicle with 3" tall scoops on the track!

Enjoy

Matt

Attachments

BillF

I know of the location of two LVT's. One flipped over and has lots of parts missing. The other is on its tracks but I have not gotten to get a good look at it yet.