• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 waranty sticker

McGuyver

Okay, I just measured it, the sticker is exactly 5 inches wide by 4 inches tall. I hope that helps. That should be everything you need now to reproduce this sticker exactly.

P.S. just a reminder that it reads "Chrysler Motors Corporation" along the bottom edge of the sticker (not visible in the photo.)

nattieleather

I have it done up in a MS Word document as well as a Word Perfect doc. I was going to post it up this evening, but left my thumb drive at work so I'll have it tomorrow for anyone who wants it.

Then all you'll need to do is have it printed.

To get it to fit a 5x4 inch paper (sticker) the font is about 7 point. Is this close to the original? Also the Chrysler Motors Corporation is that on the bottom left, right or centered?

McGuyver

nattieleather said:
To get it to fit a 5x4 inch paper (sticker) the font is about 7 point. Is this close to the original? Also the Chrysler Motors Corporation is that on the bottom left, right or centered?
It's centered all the way at the very bottom. I'm not sure about the font size, I'll have to check. So how tall is 7 pt font? My Cad software says that 7 point is .073" tall. I'll measure the font size on the sticker tonight.

nattieleather

If you print that out it and do like a 1/4 inch gap around the typing you'll have 5x4. If you have a place to have the sticker made you should be all set.

McGuyver

Looks good nattieleather,

you did a good job. One point for improvement you might consider, it looks like the font on the original stick is just a little bit different. Compare the lower case letter "g" to see what I mean. A subtle difference, but may nonetheless account for why some of the lines don't break on the same word as the original sticker. Sorry, I have no idea what font that should be. By the way, I went out tonight and measured the height of the font, and it does seem to be approx .073" tall (perhaps even a hair smaller?), so it is more than likely 7 pt font like you suggested.

P.S. It kind of looks like the margin at the top and bottom is less then on the sides of the original sticker, however it may just appear this way due to the angle of the picture. I guess it just depends on how nitpicky you want to be about details. Just a thought.

N1265

Hi Guys,

well after taking the info I received from others from this forum, and spending a portion of the long and boring winter trying to make an exact replica of the warranty sticker in my Corel program. I have concluded that the following sticker is as close as I can come. It is not an exact replica, but sometimes you just have to go with the best you got.

I am posting pictures of the end results so that those who have helped me can see the end results. Many thanks to all who have helped me on this.

Attachments

N1265

Nattieleather,

The truck will be at the Findley show on Saturday, Probably all day till the pass and review. It will be unlocked so feel free to climb in and take a look....

I never really thought about selling them, I doubt there would be a big market for them because you don't see to many M880 series truck restored to the point where people are sanding off the old stickers on the dash and replacing them. I had five printed up because I am not good at getting stickers on strait and I knew I would screw a couple of them up cutting the borders ( which I did ) until I got it right. Getting the borders right was a big PITA.

If you don't think you will be able to make the show but still want to see one I will be more than happy to send you one. The lettering is the same as the one I have on my truck but the border might not be the same from top to bottom or side to side. Just PM me your address and I will gladly send it to you for free.

Once again, Many thanks for your help on this project.

nattieleather

Well I'm going to try to get to the show...I haven't be able to go for like ever because of other conflicts, but this year things are looking promising. I did like the first six or seven years including the very first show that was in the town on main street and it was me and about 10 other guys....that shows you how long ago...:)

As I don't have an M880 right now....and to poor to get one....save the stickers for someone who needs them, but thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks