• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Hanco DRASH Shelter Transport Trailer QUESTIONS!

BRob18E

Hello, I purchased this unit and when it got to the house, I can't even get it to power up at all. I jumped it to my truck, followed the instructions on the "start procedures" and I can't even get the main instrument panel to power up. Can anyone help? The batteries look old so I plan on getting new batteries. Does anyone know if this is a 24 volt system or a 12 volt system? I know it's two batteries but I don't know if there hooked up in series or parallel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
First thing is to fully charge the batteries if you can't do that with them mounted mark the battery cables take pictures of the hook up and remove them for charging and a load test. Post a picture of the batteries hooked up as most military stuff is 24V a sure sign is there a slave cable fitting on it? slave.jpg Is your truck 24V and if you can't tell if the ECU is 24V did you jump it correctly?
There are several (many) versions of these so having pictures of the various data plates will help figure out which one you have. Check and see if any of your friends have any electrical knowledge and if you don't already have one get a volt meter.

There are several members by you but right now most are down or on the way to the Haspin rally.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Just about every DRASH is somehow different from the next. The only way to really tell the difference is by the serial number. Or NSN. If the manual has the right NSN on the cover, you can be sure its close to what you have. But not always. MWMULES started you on the right path. Charge the batteries, or slave it off from a 24 volt DC source. If you do not have the manuals, get them. There is at least three if not four different engines for the DRASH. So having the right manual is VERY important.

Landbarger

Guyfang also makes some good points. If you can't find a model number, NSN, or even data plate, start getting part numbers off the components inside the genset shroud. Start looking for make & model of the engine, generator head, speed controller, voltage regulator, etc. Most of the DRASH-type units seem to use good quality COTS parts, so getting part numbers from your machine will go a long way in both A) helping you to get it running and B) helping you find an applicable maintenance manual.

BRob18E

Thanks for all the advice, I just arrived with new batteries. ****, with the on board charger, after a few hours, it would barely try to light up the panel lights. I could see the filament trying to get hot. So I will install the new ones and let everyone know. Thanks again for the advice, and I might see you all at Haspin tomorrow or Saturday!!

BRob18E

No issues at all, new batteries, she fired right up!! AC after about a minute of running was 120,000 BTU of 48.5 temp.... :) On the heat test, I turned the ECU off after the coils hit 235 degree's. Thanks all for the advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks