• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant Took A Vacation

CMPPhil

0818 local
That is one of the problems. The link works good when accessed thru the link in post #30 but these things are hot, like in excel, and do not like being copied to anywhere. That is why I say they are "gone". Maybe they are not "gone" just hiding in there someplace. Neat LMTV hydro pictures though.
Hi

Thanks for the tip, went back to the original post #30 and sure enough it worked, and the are good pictures.

Cheers Phil

agazza2

Hydraulic Manifold selector valve - removing knobs

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the knobs off the manifold valves, and how did you do it? I tried getting mine off with insterting a bolt in the bottom hole, but it did not budge. This is the only part of the manifold that I cannet get apart to put new "o" rings on these valve. It most likely where the issue is with the pressure locking up the system.

Attachments

agazza2

Hydraulic Manifold valve disassembled

Well, I was able to get the Manifold valve apart thinking there may some additional "O" rings inside there that was causing leakage between the return and pressure. These are just tolerance fit valves and no "o" rings. Getting them apart is actually easy one you realize that the black threaded part is actually 2 pieces. I wrench on each end, and it will spin apart. The knob does not have to come off. Back to finding a finding a check valve in the hydraulic ram for the cab. The photo of the knob shows the detents at each end of travel. Also there is a notch in the outer valve housing, and pin on the inner valve for travel.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks