• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mil spec case 226

minigunmike

I'm sure this is sub forum is ment more for generators but I am pretty sure this qualifies as aux equipment.

A while back (like 4 years?) I found out about the 4a032 engines and how people were using them for light aircraft and little airboats, I absolutely adored them and upon further research found one that was put into a cub cadet. So I did some shopping and found them to be prohibitively expensive... Generally around 400-700 dollars because the crank is gold plated and all that jazz! So filed that project in the eternity folder (close to folder 13 it's like folder 12.nevergonnahappen)

One thing I am a hooker for is the old case garden tractors we have a little 646 my mom inherited from my great uncle (WWII vet, 100th infantry, fought in France, one of the many sons of Bitche, personal hero :D) Anyway my dad and I dropped a 23hp v twin in it got it back to running order and now it does everything from skid logs to move gravel. Where was I going with this? Right! So the case tractors have this cast iron rear end that was cast from bits of old tanks or something because it weighs, alone almost as much as the rest of the tractor minus engine... If a sherman had a late night with a piece of farm equipment this is what woulda popped out!

So brand nosing aside I got this case 226 for $100 almost as soon as it hit ebay a couple years ago. When I got it home I realized I didn't have a powerplant worthy of this tractor, I let it sit for a while up till the Findlay show where low and behold! 4a032 that wouldn't cost me a arm nose and couple dozen children! Needless to say Im gonna slap this lil piggy in there and make it squeal!

My goal here is not a restoration I am building a military style no frills show tractor. Something you might see dragging a plane around or a ammo trailer full of Merica.
Not planning to much on the upgrade side hopefully I can keep it 24 volt (2 tractor batteries in series?) And Id love to put the slave cable adapter on the tower somewhere so I can charge the deuce off it if need be!

Picture time:
ezEr0nyl.jpg
In all her glory!

7RZHAXGl.jpg

qVRvFlym.jpg
Screwing around with tire choices.

vNq25Qym.jpg

ldhRjrXl.jpg

So more or less just have to get the stub shaft cut for a keyway, get a lovejoy, make a adapter plate from the "bellhousing" to the pump flange, tires, paint, and wiring. probably get the starter rebuilt too... And the other stuff I am forgetting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks