• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803a stopping question

What happens when you turn these machines off? I have one that keeps running. Is the selinoid switch the off switch connected to the injector pump? I know the fuel pump shuts off but i think the ip sucks fuel right through the fuel pump once its running. Thanks in advance.

TooMuchWork

The fuel solenoid should fully extend(de-energize) and stop fuel flow to the injector pumps. That would be my first guess. It may not be adjusted properly, have some corrosion, a weak spring or just be worn out.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you look in the manuals section, there should be an extra, (In addition to the TM's) description on how to adjust the linkage. If the set will not turn off, its the linkage/solenoid. Cant be anything else. UNLESS, the relay has stuck/fused contacts, and doesn't turn off the voltage to the solenoid.

nice and cool this morning 80 degrees, felt like 45 after 90 degree days. got to look at my linkage from the shut down solenoid, moved it a couple times by hand and it fixed it self. doesn't get any cheaper or easier then that.
I have another question. does the black writing on the wires mean anything like 24 volts dc or negative lead? is there some significance to the red and black wire numbers? the older machines were like that too red and black wire numbers. thanks again, guys

Guyfang

Staff member
No, the colors do not mean anything. No problem "fixes itself". Keep an eye out for the problem later on. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!