• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Model Ships

jasonjc

I remember as a kid I man in my town had a battleship that he sailed around the harbor in. I think the main guns were water guns also.

Another Ahab

I saw a photo once of a guy operating a large scale battleship or cruiser, from inside the ship.

I noodled around for a photo like that but can't find one.
I remember as a kid I man in my town had a battleship that he sailed around the harbor in. I think the main guns were water guns also.
Finally.

That darn Google; you got to noodle around with it until you find just the right word combination.

That pic I saw was probably from like 30-40 years ago, but I KNEW I had seen it:

- The wording "Manned Model Ships" seemed to work. Apparently it's a thing.

Here's a pic.

manned.jpg

Last edited:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at a modeler's show in Detroit some years ago where I saw a model WWII German U-boat about 4' long that shot actual working torpedoes (no warhead though!). Wish I had a camera with me.

Another Ahab

I was at a modeler's show in Detroit some years ago where I saw a model WWII German U-boat about 4' long that shot actual working torpedoes (no warhead though!). Wish I had a camera with me.
I like the Detroit airport where they have that mind-blowing computerized water fountain in the terminal.

Is it still there? I wonder.

Last edited: