• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Important M35A2 brake switch info!!!!!!!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I was poking around my M35A2C last night, and was looking at the airpacks tracking down a brake fluid leak. I found it... .. I have the old style switches on mine, (and I 95% of the rest of you guys do to), and thats what caused the leak... Mine was just starting to leak, but Im glad I caught it..

I just ordered my kits from Saturn Surplus for $38.50 each... They call it a Brake Switch Upgrade Kit, NSN 2530-01-105-5025. A small price to pay for NOT losing brakes on the road.

https://www.logsa.army.mil/pub/psissues/631/631-19.pdf has a nice picture of the old and new switches. If you switch is on the end of the air pack, you have the old style.

Remember if you have a USAF M35A2C with the dual brake system, you'll need 2 of the kits, one for each air pack. Seems the factory didnt put them on the 1987 on up M35A2C's even though the GOVT knew the old switches were bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks