• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to Welder1 and Dumpster!

sandcobra164

I had a breakdown Sunday and had to have my M923A1 towed. Thankfully I had a towbar in the bed and a friend close by with an M923A2. My truck made it home safely. I pulled the Injection pump and sure enough I found my problem. 15 gallons of oil drained out, IP removed and turned into an injection shop. Sounds like quite a situation to be in.

I'm saying Thank You to the subject line members for helping to teach me balance in not only the hobby but in life as well. I have ridden in Mr. Jeff's Dumptruck many times on the trails. When things turn south, the only things he carries out of the cab is his Stetson and his leather gloves, he's ready to work. He never gets real excited but always has the tools ready to do the job. I've talked with him over the years and he has rebuilt that R6602 a few times but has never batted an eye when it comes to running it hard.

Now onto member Welder1. You have also taught me balance. Things go south, ok, "let's figure it out" is my favorite phrase out of your mouth. I honestly think if your deuce threw a chunk of connecting rod, crank, and whatever else out of the side of the block, you would probably ask, "Can you hook your 923 to it and take it back home?".

Thanks to the mentorship of members like yourselves, I didn't get angry when my truck broke down, no wrenches were tossed across the yard, no undue pain was doled out to my family. I figured out my problem and said, "OK", quoting Welder1! Thanks Gentlemen, Lee is a big fan of ya'll as well! I suppose I'm growing up slowly but surely!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nothing against anyone, but I never understood throwing stuff. I had a roommate that would punch walls, he learned real quick after finding a stud!

I can get pretty mad, furious even, but thinking your way out usually gets things back in order with less effort.

Glad to hear you were able to keep cool. Just think of it as your mistress wanted more attention.

Welder1

Joseph,

Thanks for the positive comments it's important to help each other as we all have something to offer. I just recently sent Rustystud AKA Greg a box of old truck manuals that were given to me. Real old stuff from the 50-60's. They were not much use to me but boy he sure liked them. I want to pass on favors as I can. One day I may be in need and call out for help.

Eddie

sandcobra164

Bringing this back to the top because I had a misfire again. I was taking my 5 ton to Welder1's shop on a fairly routine trip when it decided it wanted to lose air pressure. I made it into the yard with almost 40 pounds of air pressure and the rear drums were hot! No worries, I parked it in it's normal spot and we agreed we'd figure it out today. I started the truck this morning and it barely made 30 psi so I dragged the brakes making my way into his shop. We spun our heads trying to figure out what the problem was and agreed the air dryer filter must be saturated with water. Couldn't get one locally so we dried the element out with a torpedo heater. I put the truck back together and the issue was not fixed. I took a glad hand off my emergency kit, Welder1 adapted it to his shop air and we figured out where my truck was losing air pressure. The brake treadle valve was leaking badly but a quick stab of the pedal "fixed" it. The truck is working properly again and we'll replace that valve to ensure it works properly without issues. I'm lucky, I have a mentor.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bringing this back to the top because I had a misfire again. I was taking my 5 ton to Welder1's shop on a fairly routine trip when it decided it wanted to lose air pressure. I made it into the yard with almost 40 pounds of air pressure and the rear drums were hot! No worries, I parked it in it's normal spot and we agreed we'd figure it out today. I started the truck this morning and it barely made 30 psi so I dragged the brakes making my way into his shop. We spun our heads trying to figure out what the problem was and agreed the air dryer filter must be saturated with water. Couldn't get one locally so we dried the element out with a torpedo heater. I put the truck back together and the issue was not fixed. I took a glad hand off my emergency kit, Welder1 adapted it to his shop air and we figured out where my truck was losing air pressure. The brake treadle valve was leaking badly but a quick stab of the pedal "fixed" it. The truck is working properly again and we'll replace that valve to ensure it works properly without issues. I'm lucky, I have a mentor.
It’s good to live life without any pressure..... BAD to drive without any.

Praying thanks you were able to limp without a catastrophe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have found out the hard- way Joseph, that all are "teachers".........

Some have taught me what to DO.

Other's have taught what NOT to do.

Ya know the old saying, "lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas" really has some important info.

I was taught early on, Run with the Winners! Find someone you respect and admire, and follow in their path. Your giving credit to those that help you through trials and tribulations is a strong indication you're on a good road.....

Thanks for sharing this again.......

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Have found out the hard- way Joseph, that all are "teachers".........

Some have taught me what to DO.

Other's have taught what NOT to do.

Ya know the old saying, "lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas" really has some important info.

I was taught early on, Run with the Winners! Find someone you respect and admire, and follow in their path. Your giving credit to those that help you through trials and tribulations is a strong indication you're on a good road.....

Thanks for sharing this again.......
One thing i have noticed about my truck with all the crap i have done to it and changed. I have noone to call and complain to and ask for answers cause I am the only one that know what goes where and what has been changed. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks