• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FONTANA scrap yard run #4

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Djfreema said:
I'm in for the 5th as well. Got the day off and got permission from my wife.....I mean, I TOLD my wife I was going!
Uhh,..yeah, yeah...I told mine i'd be gion' too. Just had to make sure she was at work :p

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Dont know if he takes plastic but its probably best to come with the greeen stuff. Weather report says 50% chance of rain Saturday but its not gonna stop me, beats the 105 degree heat the last time I was there. Everything still good to go Mike?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything should be good to go. I'm gonna call tomorrow to verify. You better bring your rain gear and some mud boots. It looks like it's gonna be a messy one.

ems4ty

Just checking on whether or not we are still on for Saturday the 5th. I will NOT be bringing the deuce this time. Had to pull the radiator and take it to the shop today. Who knows when I'll get it back. So, the deuce is out of commission again. I see that it's supposed to rain cats and dogs starting thursday. Let me know and I'll see if I coming out to play. BTW, my buddy backed out from this trip. He's gotta work this weekend... Cya Fellas!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just talked to Brother #2. We are GOOD TO GO!!!! You better bring some rain gear. Personally, I think it'll be a blast to scrounge around in the rain.

To go over the agenda again...
Off the 10 Fwy. in Fontana, exit Cherry St. and go South.
Just past the first light is a taco stand on the left.
Meet there at 1100hrs.
Eat some great Mexi food!
Head over to the yard and meet the brothers between 1200 and 1300 hrs.

Hope to see a bunch of ya there. The better the turnout, the more $$ they make, the better we look to them, the better our deals get, the more flexible they are to worknig with us.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Irish said:
Can a new SoCal guy join in on the hunt? Always looking for odds and ends.
We are always looking for new folks to join the hunt! I look forward to meeting ya.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, the bros OK for the rainy day outing? I'm ready, i'm bringing some soap, 'cause it is Saturday!

Irish

Our house tried to float away last night. I'm sorry fellas, but I think I'm gonna not make it. I was up till 3 am trying to get the water out so I could be ready for this morning but no can do. Still 4" in the basement. Just my luck...:( have fun and leave some stuff for me for next time.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I just got back from the Fontana run.

The rain held out so it was a GREAT DAY. Lots of new stuff, several new deuces, and some great finds for everyone. I got to meet some more new folks and look forward to seeing them all again.

Here is a picture of my Booty...
One pair of "like new" axle adapters with the chains for my medium towbar.
TWO pairs of med. tow bar feet...yes TWO pairs!
A pair of rear shackles and pins for my deuce.
The cardboard boxes contain "NEW" brass U.S. locks. 4 locks per box all keyed the same.

All this for $100.00. SCORE!!!!

Honorable mentions include...
Tons of cab heaters. Crates of deuce transmissions w/PTOs.

Thanks to everyone for showing up and doing business with the brothers. It will keep the good deals coming. I'm ready to go back. :p :p

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm home safe too. Sorry, forgot the camera...I picked up a nice fairly fresh rebuilt ...1994, alt, a clean yellow bridge plate with all the numbers, some red dash light covers along with a blue one! A brand new, '05 date code, Hawk NDCC tire and flap with the inventory sticker in tact, a box of locks and I can't remember what else. Whew, i'm kinda sleepy!!! Great food, great people all in all a great day! Let's do it again!!! Oh yeah, the proper nut for the e-brake cable!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks