• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine swap

123cambo

Thought it was the granny first that is in the Tcase and not 7th?
The mulit ratios one ends up with via Unimog Cascade boxes and Crawler boxes is NOT in most Unimogs... just the few that will be doing heavy work (Agricultural, trenching, truck rallying etc)

Thanx for helping folk hash this out.
I know more about Unimogs than these trucks because it was the original direction for a build but costs are high for repairs on MB

coachgeo

I know more about Unimogs than these trucks because it was the original direction for a build but costs are high for repairs on MB
They're amazing.. it's what I started with long ago till the economic crash. Figured I'de never be able to afford an expedition build dream ever again. Was part of why I gave up as the Moderator for Benzworld Unimog forum after doing it for around 13yrs. FMTV reasonable cost (though going up fast) brought the dream back.

Last edited:

123cambo

Thats the plan, will be awhile though as I research and plan ( a bit too much lol). I need to decide weather to build off the van body or build an entire camper structure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks