• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 "AFI" brand MRV Electric wiper option I went with

Coondawg

I did a few searches and didn't find where this had been covered, so I thought I would share. I recently installed "AFI" brand, MRV 12v electric marine wiper motors on my deuce. The shaft fit in the factory hole, and I had to drill a hole through the metal glass frame for a #10 screw and nut, but that's really it. I did have to grind a little of the rolled lip of the glass frame where it swings on the windshield frame to gain a tad of clearance. I bought a 20A 24v-12v reducer, (Resistor) to run the wipers and some clearance lights. Each motor only pulls 5A. This is a somewhat pricey upgrade, but works very well. The previous owner bought these motors, but never installed them. The swing is adjustable, and I had to put mine at 110 degree swing. They take standard arms and blades. I used the adjustable Trico arms, and 11" metal blades, all painted black. You can also buy these motors in 24v. They are not in sync when they are both running, but they park with each other with the correct switch. Anyway, just thought this would be some useful information for those unhappy with their air wiper system, but not willing to spring for the M35A3 system.

wiper 2.jpgwiper 1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks