• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1079 are these steel plates in the floor of my van structural ? Look like guides to

Hello all

Do any of you know if these steel plates are structural or not? They sure look like guides that were used to slide in the massive communication computer control center or something. I looked down into holes after I removed the bug phillips screws and they look like huge riv nuts, holes don't line up with anything or go to frame of truck, peering down hole with flashlight and I see a very large sealed airspace with a bottom.

When I looked at the outside underneath the of the van these strips of steel did not line up with the frame of the truck, kinda out in the middle of no where, also I clearly see the other attachment points where the van bolts to the frame of truck.

I just wanted to make sure I was not compromising strength of the van, or my case future camper :)

BTW, these plates of steel are extremely heavy, I bet I can carry more cargo now LOL

Seth

IMG_4911.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your shop van had been outfitted as a shop, there would have been two rows of workbenches which would rest on those strips. Removing them should be no prob.

Guyfang

Staff member
The work benches were heavy. When empty. Loaded, they would have made good battleship anchors. I saw a van that had rolled in DRMO in 2009, or 2010? Can't remember. the thing was totaled. But the workbenches were still bolted to the floor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks