• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake light switch upgrade Deuce

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I always wanted to have a functioning proper brake light switch and proof that the lights were actually ON when I brake with the pedal. My truck always had a wire/switch run up from the bridged switch. I took the old tape off the jury rig to find this
IMG_2143.jpg
Just fixin stuff, need air pressure so I don't listen to the safety buzzer while searching out air leaks, so I put air into truck backwards.
IMG_2111.jpg
I found air leaking from many fittings so removed them all to find an hydraulic switch on the air side
IMG_2113.jpg
Refurbished and reinstalled
IMG_2114.jpg
IMG_2136.jpg
put it all back together thinking it is normal to have to take three things apart to fix the one thing
IMG_2161.jpg
I need proof that it always works and be able to be seen in the cab
IMG_2175.jpg

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

There y'a go..The lack of (likes) may reflect the fact that that 'lamp' illuminates only when you have your boot on the stop pedal. It does not indicate if one any or all the rear brake lights are working. It does at least signify that juice is going down the wires in the direction of the stop lamps. Nice tidy work though.
Now your next assignment is to run wires from the negative side and before earth at all the rear brake lamps, bulbs. Now you see 'em light when the foot pushes the pedal. (or not if the filaments are bust).(Report when completed and tested. (jus' kidding)).
just my 1/2 penne'th.

Last edited:

rustystud

strange
I must have done something wrong
only the One liked it, nobody else liked this one
It is a safety kind of thing for 99 cents
Don't worry about it. I've posted on rebuilds and other projects and only a handful of people will "like" it. Then you'll post on some piddly little thing and get hundreds of likes ! People only like it when they are working on the same or similar project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks