Thread: M1008 was stuck/ So Cal area members

Thanks

Default M1008 was stuck/ So Cal area members

I just wanted to see if anyone lived in the San Diego area that could help pull out my M1008. I'm stuck in some pretty deep mud/sand in a not so dry stream bed. I'm burried up to the front axle and front bumper. I have 37" tires and Detroit lockers front and rear. I probably need another full size truck to give me a tug to get out. I don't think a little Jeep would work, but maybe. I've tried for an hour and didn't make much progress. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    1986 M1008, 6.2, TH400, NP241, 4.56 with Detroit lockers front and rear, 37" Goodyears

Thanks
    Thanked 2,636 Times in 836 Posts

Well I am on the west coast so can not help. One recommendation I would make to others is introduce yourself to members that live around you before you get into trouble.

One thing to try next time is to let the air out of the tires way way down before you keep digging ruts to china

Did you get out yet?
    Ronald Harris 1945-2019
    https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...=1#post2193049

Georgia State Military Vehicle State Bill signed by Governor Nathan Deal 4/23/14! 10:00 am EST

Thanks

Got it out. Extreme digging and sand bags under the front tires gave me the edge to get out. My friend in his FJ got stuck on the beginning of the trail, so that didn't work out.

So who else in the San Diego area takes their CUCV off roading? I would like to get a group of full size rigs out there. The M1008 doesn't really fit in with the Jeep clubs.