• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-Lite LED Headlights----Finally Ordered a set.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last few days here have been rainy, foggy, misty and just plain gloomy.
After some night driving and the stock halogens just not cutting it, I finally ordered a set of Truck-Lite LED 5x7 Headlights.

Been debating getting them for a while, but the last few days have decided it for me.
They made a world of difference when I switched my 5 tons to All Truck-Lite LED lighting, headlights included.
They're pricey, but if they live up to what others have said about them, it will be worth it.
The ones on the 5 tons sure have.

They will arrive in a few days.
Looking forward to being able to see without hanging additional lights all over the M1008A1

Pics coming soon

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will be soooo sooo happy.

The problem is once you install them in one truck you will need to install in all the trucks!!!

cucvrus

Anything that is worth having has a price. Mostly junk is cheap and you will never get anywhere trying to go the cheap way. If so I never found it. Cheap is just that cheap. You will be exuberant. I know it as a fact. I have them on 3 trucks for over 2 years. No problems with ice or flickering. Just nice clean white light.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny thing...
The MV truck I drive the most is the last one to receive the TL LEDs.
It will also be nice to know the headlights will not be drawing nearly as much power.

On the 5 tons it was like,"wow", on the difference they made.
I'm hoping these will "wow" the same way.

They should be here Thursday.

mike634

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put them on my truck in December. What a difference they make. Only issue was snow and ice sticking to them, otherwise I love them.

cucvrus

truck lite.jpgLED head lamps.jpgI have halogens and LED's on snow plow trucks. The only difference is the ice sticks to the halogens with a 1" gap in the ice to the glass surface and the lights are worthless. With the LED headlamps on the plow set up the snow and ice sticks to the surface and the lights are still brighter white then the halogens are on a sunny July night. So it matters very little.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put them on my truck in December. What a difference they make. Only issue was snow and ice sticking to them, otherwise I love them.
We don't have nearly as much snow and ice like we used to.
If it's that bad I'm usually driving something else.

Yea
My wife walked in with the box and asked what I've bought now.
Just smiled and said at least it wasn't green or sand colored this time.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am shocked they are not installed yet. Mine went from box to install in record time!!

Get er done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_6178.jpgIMG_6179.jpgIMG_6186.jpg

Finally installed
Kinda fancy for a working ranch truck.

Didn't drive it at night after install, just down to gate , but did turn them on at night in the driveway.

WOW!

Of course they don't "look" that bright during the day, but bend down into the bean and you'll be surprised.
Tonight I will see them truly shine.

There aren't too many things that are such an easy install with such a dramatic improvement in performance for these trucks.
This is one of them.

I could tell instantly these are worth every penny.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks